• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60F iwagumi

Thanks sandy ordered pipe how do u cap the end , silicone something same sizi in lol ? Any recommendations on moss or any other red easy maintain plants please

Thanks dean

I stole an end cap off my fishing tripod but you can buy bungs online, i thought about blagging a bung manufacturer into sending a free sample by saying i was looking into buying 1000 for a job and wanted a sample to see what they looked like on my product. I wouldnt glue a bung in place because it makes it harder to clean. Could you use the bung from your shorter spraybar.

That's right any I will have one in my enheim spray bar lol need plants ordered as just ordered hc what you recommend ? For colour and what is easy moss ?

I love the look of that plant Andy will see we're sells it or post add in wanted section but more likely get moss from there any moss recommendations welcome

Thanks again dean

ok so hopefully plants etc arrive tomorrow and next day going to remove hair grass tomorrow and remove rocks etc then hen plants arrive drain tank to substrate and clean glass with spone and make damp in vinegar but need to refill after that as repens still wanted so then re-scape and plant with new plants drop light anyone any idea how much to drop the light ,want livestock within few weeks really hope shrimp don't jump again 🙁

Thanks dean

Hey man just to let you know I've done away with the up a-164 reg , I'm pretty certain that the fluctuations will give me problems , I may be wrong but that could add towards your algae problems . I suppose we don't know for sure but if your reg is anything like mine then the fluctuations lead to being a perfect candidate to the algae 🙂
Hope this helps
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My light was never as high as you started with so that may have allowed for imperfections

yeah we will see but need some shrimp etc in asap to help with the matter just don't know if they jumped because of the shallow last time but hopefully only 1-2 bps of co2 will do so should be fine 😉 looking forward to starting new thread and a fresh start

thanks so much for all your help everyone

anyone have any idea on what height to start the light off at ? maybe half way from were it is now ? but HC demands higher light

going to have spraybar practically length of tank minus a small amount to be able to get filter pipe out and have facing slightly down at front of tank only a small amount but not breaking the surface so don't loose co2, even is wood any few tall plants get in the way it shouldn't matter as sould have much better flow around the tank

Thanks dean

I used the crook that came with the eheim but there is an international ebayer that sells acrylic crooks. A member on here has the full set inlet,outlet and spraybar from this seller.

more info on crook would be great and my HC arrived today so might start new thread tonight or tomorrow so happy about that also got 5 free clay pelt balls but I will be dosing micro and macro u recommend putting in substrate anyway ?

Thanks dean

Which crook? Will try find post later but eheim crook was attached to spraybar with bit of eheim hose

I can't find the post/journal that used acrylic inflow/out flow and spray bar. I also can't find it on ebay but I remember when I clicked on the link the poster had put up I thought how obscure the description was. Aquarium plant food uk stock uk made 'cascade' glassware that do glass inflows to go with their glass spraybars. Bit expensive tho but maybe you could use the eheim one for now.

Back