• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ada 60F -go with the flow- nature aquarium

BTW, tank is slowly getting ready for IAPLC;

170327071005576342.jpg

Cheers

bro, what led you use for plant ?
i like Dutch style , can give me some advice about lighting ?

I use chihiros series led, they are all great value for the money (A series, rgb...) and come with an useful dimmer.

Advice? Powerful lightning= more CO2 and ferts ...dutch style

Thanks for reply.
You use A series or RGB series ? and it have useful ?
My tank : 60 x 35 x 35cm, ADA soil, have CO2 and i use Odyssea lighting, 1 piece with 2 x 24w T5HO
Tank have more tree with red color.
But seem not good, trees isn't beautiful :(
I dont know what is problems, my tank is new, 15days old.
I have plant, or buy more Odyssea or switch to use led light.
But not have experience here :(

Hey Cookies.

Tank is looking stellar!
Can only imagine how much of a challenge an "F" tank must be regarding having the light source so close to the vegetation, whilst still preventing algae. Have been struggling with close-to-surface Fissidens myself.
Really love how the layout create a sense of scale and the contrast in colors are so well balanced. Jelous to say the least

Thanks man! :)

These shallow tank are quite hard to balance, as you said, but it´s worth the pain...I learned a lot from this one, as it is only my second aquascape.

Next one will be a 60P or 60H! ;)

Hi,

i don't know if I should love or hate you for this great piece of inspiration ;) You simply threw over my current plans with this awesome layout. I like everything about it and have to think about my further plans again :) Greak work of yours!

How did your ember tetras develop that great color? Mine are the most awesome ones i ever saw life, but compared to yours, they are just transparent.

Hi,

i don't know if I should love or hate you for this great piece of inspiration ;) You simply threw over my current plans with this awesome layout. I like everything about it and have to think about my further plans again :) Greak work of yours!

How did your ember tetras develop that great color? Mine are the most awesome ones i ever saw life, but compared to yours, they are just transparent.

Well thank you, shallow tanks are cool to scape and maintain but hard to balance, can't wait to see yours ;)

My ember tetras were already this red when I bought them in my LFS 2 years ago...I fed them with jbl nanobel, nothing special.

You have to pick the best coloured one directly at your lfs because they won't get more colored in your tank as other fishes do.

Well thank you, shallow tanks are cool to scape and maintain but hard to balance, can't wait to see yours ;)

You missunderstood me there. I will do an 80 x 40 x 40 tank soon, not a really shallow one. But the concept of your tank is a bit different from anything else in that category I have seen so far and this leads to a lot of inspiration for me :)

My LFS sadly did not have really red ones, but I had quiet some success giving them a bit of their color. Feeding them with daphnia and some color food once a week seems to help a bit. ;)

Ahhh ok (Forget my english, I'm french :D), awesome dimensions too, maybe my next one will be an ada 60H (60X40x40) or even 80x40x40...not too big, not too small, great depth..lot of possibilities. :thumbup:

Thanks for your comment, if my tank can give others some inspiration, I'm honored:oops:

My LFS was feeding them with daphnia too, I bet it helped

Hi,

Well, I decided to keep this one running till I move into my new house this Winter...here's some pics;

170529111702619575.jpg

170529111701792808.jpg

170529111706676996.jpg

17052911170885355.jpg

Treated hair thread algae with twinstar/big filter cleaning/algexit, good résults. (Black out worked but just for one week)

Cheers
Looking great! So do the twinstars actually work then or just a gimmick?
Matt.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looking great! So do the twinstars actually work then or just a gimmick?
Matt.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well, IMO, twinstar help for starting tanks with low plant mass (like iwagumi style tank), but doesn't help much once established.

In my tank, filter cleaning and regular WC helped and algexit worked nicely (no more thread algae in 3 weeks).

Back