• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ada 60F -go with the flow- nature aquarium

Hello ! I think the first version was better; the second version is unbalanced, the positioning of the wood suggests a triangular composition, so you should move the stones to the right, and make a slope descending to the left; and the the wood should be positioned so that only the small branches are upwards - in your layout you have a thick branch pointing upwards - it brings unbalance to the force ;)

I think that from the point of view of selecting the plants and what to do next this one is much more challanging. Good move!

Thanks for the comments!

I'm starting to work on a plant list, here's the current one;

Cryptocoryne lutea ´Hobbit´
Elatine hydropiper
Hydrocotyle tripartita japan
Riccardia
Fissidens
Spiky moss
Microsorum sp trident
Mini bucephalandra

I've worked on the path under the woods and I cropped the pic:

898457image304.jpg

Cheers! :cigar:

Last edited:
Hi there, no update on hardscape so I worked on the plant list, here's the final version:

Elatine hydropiper
Eleocharis sp mini
Hydrocotyle tripartita japan
Staurogyne repens
Riccardia
Fissidens
Microsorum sp trident
Anubia petite

Next step; hardscape détails and lightning stand painting.

Cheers ;)

Nice planting plan. You could try some small Buces as well, like mini needle leaf.
And I'd go for Anubias nana 'Pangolino' instead of petite.

Nice planting plan. You could try some small Buces as well, like mini needle leaf.
And I'd go for Anubias nana 'Pangolino' instead of petite.

Hi Tim I'd really like to try 'Pangolino' but worry it may be more delicate, how are you finding it? Do you just prefer the narrow leaf?

That's a really well planned list & diagram... it will look super all planted up CooKie!

Hi Tim I'd really like to try 'Pangolino' but worry it may be more delicate, how are you finding it? Do you just prefer the narrow leaf?

That's a really well planned list & diagram... it will look super all planted up CooKie!

Got some A.pangolino in my nano cube, it's very small in comparaison to A.petite, very compact growth too...I prefer mini bucephalandra or A.petite. Pangolino doesn't look like an anubia anymore. o_O

Tim: I will consider getting some mini buce for details later, thanks for the advice ;)

So far it's as robust as any other anubias. I chose it for its leaf size, although I do like it's leaf shape as well. I think in a small aquarium, small and fine leaved plants give a better sense of perspective.

Got some A.pangolino in my nano cube, it's very small in comparaison to A.petite, very compact growth too...I prefer mini bucephalandra or A.petite. Pangolino doesn't look like an anubia anymore. o_O

Tim: I will consider getting some mini buce for details later, thanks for the advice ;)
So far it's as robust as any other anubias. I chose it for its leaf size, although I do like it's leaf shape as well. I think in a small aquarium, small and fine leaved plants give a better sense of perspective.

Thanks for your feedback - didn't want to waste money on a new rare plant if hard to keep & maintain :) My apologies CooKie for derailing your journal!

Back