• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
The new Inlet looks great, it really compliments the clean lines of the set up. It must be nice to finally get rid of the green eheim tubing :)

Nice one. Looks loads better. I did look at them when I broke my ada inlet but gush don't seem to do a non nano 13mm one so I had to go cal aqua. One to suggest to them George?

Cheers Stu, the glass is really well polished on these. It doesn't seem that they do a 13mm, I'm sure John from apfuk will read this.

Hi Ian,I have just spent the last hour reading your journal,I must admit it certainly makes me want to sell a lens and get another setup, ( not my 500 mm lol),a very good read and a lovely setup,I especially like your moss images,excellent clarity.look forward to future updates,

John.

Hi John, nice to hear from you! Thank you very much for the compliment. These set ups are great value for money. I'm sure you'd work magic on one of these.

The new Inlet looks great, it really compliments the clean lines of the set up. It must be nice to finally get rid of the green eheim tubing :)

Thanks Charlie, it's great to get rid of the green tubing, it certainly makes the scape look different.

Thanks George.
Agree, it's worth paying a little extra, its really it clear glass as well. I have got a quite expensive Cal aqua and it's as good if not better.

Really Ian? Better than an influx X3 (17mm) ?

Makes a big difference to the scape not seeing that green piping!
It sure does, they do look quality, now all I need is an open top tank!! ;)

Hi Ian.
Can you tell my if you still use TPN+? And how much do you dose it?

By the way your tank looks really good!

Really Ian? Better than an influx X3 (17mm) ?

I'd say on par with the large x3, they are almost the same design, with the hole at the bottom. The glass seems to be polished better.

It sure does, they do look quality, now all I need is an open top tank!! ;)

Haven't you ordered one yet! You know you want to Paulo!

Hi Ian.
Can you tell my if you still use TPN+? And how much do you dose it?

By the way your tank looks really good!

Thanks Thomas!
I'm using TMC nutrafeed at the moment, only because I ran out of tpn+. They are much of a muchness tbh. They are also dosed the same. I'm using 6ml on this tank at the moment.

Keep the pics coming mate it's a top scape, looks the business with the glassware, do you always take your fish out for the photos though :)

Thanks Tim! The barbs are really skittish, and am thinking of adding another small school of something to see if they bring them out a little more.

Your HC looks like really natural in the foreground. Beautiful scape:thumbup:

Thank you Andris, needs trimming at present, I'm trying to let it grow a little more wild at present.

Looking really good mate. :)

I've been biting my tongue for a while now regarding the HC. I hope you don't mind my input...

For me it's a little too much of a contrast against the other planting. Please allow me to elaborate. :)

HC is really bright green, and it's tiny leaves makes it look flat/uniform (in photos, at least). This combination when set against the really naturalistic planting behind, and natural gravel in front makes the HC pop excessively to my eye.

I don't want to sound too harsh, and I suspect in the flesh the contrast is no way near as much. Our eyes automatically make adjustments that smoothen out contrasts that most cameras cannot. Another point is that we can't see much detail in the shadows where the HC stops, so the contrast is further exaggerated.

Perhaps I am being to impatient and when the HC fills-out more, the contrast may lessen. I'm just not sure if the colour will still be too at odds with the remaining planting, no matter how 'wild' it's allowed to evolve.

Another consideration would be to add another transition plant behind or amongst the HC. Some more Anubias between the HC and 'shadowy' area. The leaf shape compliments the HC, and the darker leaf colour helps to blend the HC better. Hairgrass planted amongst the HC may also work well.

Finally, in your 'defence', it's relatively easy to critique an excellent aquascape, as any single area for improvement, no matter how small, pops right out. And in this case it's the HC.

So please try to take this as compliment - because it really is already a superb aquascape with incredible potential.

Cheers,
George

@ George, (I won't hit the reply button, long post), but thank you for the detailed reply. I know what you're saying, and I have thought about adding some crypt parva amongst the HC, but didnt want to make a mistake by doing so and ruining a HC Carpet. The constrats in the shadows is also a good spot on the pics. In real life the shadows don't seem to stand out as much, and there are various crypts there, which are not seeable on the pics. I'm gonna let the HC do it's own thing for a few weeks and see where it goes, I suppose I can just trim it back if it looks rubbish.

Yeah.......massively bored of the pics mate. Awful :lol:

The tank looks much bigger now the outlet has gone and as always cracking pics (probably not the right term when it comes to a glass Tank)

Thanks Alastair, thanks for not being bored of the pics lol!

Keep the pics coming. You have this tank at home every day to get bored of. Some of us have to switch the internet on to get a fix like this. Don't listen to George, what does he know ;). I would let the hc grow for a bit longer and see what happens. Rome wasn't built in a day :)

more pics, more pics! :)

looks great with the new lily. Ive always liked mixing hairgrass in with HC but with talk about contrasts above you can lose it as its quite the same colour. I like the idea of some crypts in there as well as the anubias.

Ive got a bit of everything in the front of my 90cm, ammania, tennelus, ludwigia, HM, hairgrass. (to name but a few but I do like to mix it up :) )

more pics, more pics! :)

looks great with the new lily. Ive always liked mixing hairgrass in with HC but with talk about contrasts above you can lose it as its quite the same colour. I like the idea of some crypts in there as well as the anubias.

Ive got a bit of everything in the front of my 90cm, ammania, tennelus, ludwigia, HM, hairgrass. (to name but a few but I do like to mix it up :) )

I'm gonna get on it today, probably not to the extent that you have stu! And thank you stu. It's always good to get ideas from everyone, as sometimes we can't see our own mistakes as we're sat looking at it all day. Cheers mate.

Cheers Ian, the scape looks great!

On the glass stuff, i do like them too, but for your 2073 this is probably too small. Has only a few stripes where it pulls in the water, so you will loose a few hundred lph from your filter power as 2073 is around 1000lph

This stuff is good for a nano with a filter size around 400-600lph above that size you will see decreasing on the flow

Back