• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I have read in a lot of places, 50% daily change of water in the first days!!!!! This will be my first demanding planted but i had 600lt of reef and all i ever did was 5 to 10% every two weeks! How much did you do in yours? And, sorry but as you probaly noticed english is not my mother language, what do you mean by crack co2?

Your really looking 50% for the first couple of weeks really. This is done as the plants settle. I did 50% everyday for 2 weeks, then done to 33% ish, on the third week, every other day. I'm now doing 25% twice a week, and it will probably stay that way for the tank life.

When I say 'crack' c02 I mean 'get it right' this means get the levels right and the distribution correct from the first day.

Reactions: CMG
Thank you Dave! It's good to see an aquarium working IMO, it gives it another dimension.

Ps, I used to love your radio show.

Haha yeah DJ Dave Pierce Radio 1... sadly its not me! I used to like his radio show too :)

In regards to your latest pictures...growth has been excellent...that moss is really setting that lovely piece of wood alive. Where did you get the wood from?

Cheers mate, the wood is redmoor and it was from my lfs. He stocks it. You can get it all over the place though. Aquaessentials do some as do the green machine.

This was actually 3 bits made in to one with the power of bonsai wire.

Here is the wood before it went in the tank

8522450956_15d17df0b0_c.jpg
Redmoor wood by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

I should have really documented it, but, the wood went in before all the substrate, so IMO it makes it look more natural, rather than just plonking it on the tomp if the substrate.

Thanks I will have to look out for this at my LFS. I'm just setting up a little 13L nano tank and I'm after a nice little piece of this wood to sit in there...ideally with branches poking out the surface of the water. Your tank is good inspiration!

Thanks nath!

Just need to get a glass intake now...I'm waiting on a cheque to clear and I'm gonna treat myself to a gUSH inlet I reckon.

Thanks nath!

Just need to get a glass intake now...I'm waiting on a cheque to clear and I'm gonna treat myself to a gUSH inlet I reckon.

Nice one sir,
Ive just purchased a cal aqua influx X3 and efflux F3 :) should be here soon!

Looks great Ian :) the more photos the better to be honest ;) keep up the good work :thumbup: :clap:

Thanks Paulo! Ill have to keep the pics coming then...lol

Work of art this is mate ;) plus one for more more pics :)

Thanks tim...did I tell you I have a gcse in art?! ; )

Great photography too mate, its becoming increasingly professional in its quality.

Wish i possessed the kit and the skill to portray things in such a way.

:thumbup:

Cheers again nath! This will be the next part of the hobby that'll grab you. Thank you for the compliment.

oof that looks swish in the daylight!

Thank you stu! Means a lot.

In other news got some stems from George today, so shall be adding them to that back tomorrow.

Hi mate

That living room shot in the sunshine is divine! You've really captured the essence of the nature vs. modern juxtaposition.

Good luck with the stems. Not sure how you'll find the Ludwigia - mine's lost most of its red and the leaves are too big now for my liking!

It's a great set-up and great 'scape. One of the best on here IMHO.

Keep up the great work, and keep the excellent photography incoming! :)

Cheers,
George

Tank is looking great Ian!

Thank you hydro! Much appreciated.

Hi mate

That living room shot in the sunshine is divine! You've really captured the essence of the nature vs. modern juxtaposition.

Good luck with the stems. Not sure how you'll find the Ludwigia - mine's lost most of its red and the leaves are too big now for my liking!

It's a great set-up and great 'scape. One of the best on here IMHO.

Keep up the great work, and keep the excellent photography incoming! :)

Cheers,
George

That's a real compliment George and I thank you for that. Popped the stems in at the back, the hottonia is a really nice looking plant. The lud sp1 reminds me of a ludwigia I bought not so long back, called diamond red. Thanks again.

Nice looking setup:)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Thank you mark!

Back