• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
More great news mate.... You will have too many soon at this rate and will be wanting to pass some on ;)

Lol thanks mate. They must really love it in this current tank. Not sure if its also the increase in temp that's added to it as when id noticed the babies I brought the tank up to 26 and also added way more leaves and alder cones to help the fry along with dropping flow rate right down.

Ive clocked the responsible or 'iresponsible' male should I say as hes trying it with the other females too. Hes got really really intense red on his fins currently and is trying his luck with one other female at present.

If he keeps this up ill not need to buy anymore choccos for the big tank ha

Hiya Sanj, the dimensions of the new tank are 1800x1000x700 height mm. I opted for glass mate as I just couldn't quite stretch to the prices for acrylic unfortunately. Well I could but would have left myself short for other equipment plus ive just got a new bike too which cost me more than the tank

Acrylic prices seem to have gone up alot in the last few years, prohibitively so for most people I would imagine. The guy who builds them cheaper also has a size limit, so it does make it difficult.

I would imagine the glass tank would be built on site. Is this in a dining-living room or a dining room (the the table taken out)?

Acrylic prices seem to have gone up alot in the last few years, prohibitively so for most people I would imagine. The guy who builds them cheaper also has a size limit, so it does make it difficult.

I would imagine the glass tank would be built on site. Is this in a dining-living room or a dining room (the the table taken out)?

Massively so mate. Where you got yours fron was substantially higher but you get the added quality.
I will be going acrylic in a couple of years when I have a bigger house, as id love to go to the size where I have to get In it to scape it. and have found a great company who make acrylic tanks for zoos and medical tanks etc who gave me a very very competitive quote.

Its going in the dining room sanj and I did what you said and sacrificed the dining table ha. Believe it or not its not build on site as it will just go through the door way side on. (I have no twists or turns to navigate just straight through front door and straight through another into the dining room.
It will be going through 2 moves though as it cant be but in its correct position until I take the other down

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Alastair
Been told, I HAD TO watch this..........congrats on the babies:)
On the subject of your "mystery" plant; have you checked Ranalisma rostrata? I haven't seen closeup from your pic.s but from your description it sounds likely to be the one.
Mick.

Hi Alastair
Been told, I HAD TO watch this..........congrats on the babies:)
On the subject of your "mystery" plant; have you checked Ranalisma rostrata? I haven't seen closeup from your pic.s but from your description it sounds likely to be the one.
Mick.
Hi Mik,
Thanks very much on congratulating the babies. They're doing fantastic.
Who told you you had to watch it ha ha.
Is it the new to be set up that you meant as this one will be coming down soon
Currently unnamed 1400 litre biggie | UK Aquatic Plant Society ???

And I think your spot on with the plant id. Looking at google images it looks almost identical. Thanks its been racking my brain for ages

Nope, it was this one :)........... I honestly don't usually have time, to check all tbe journals. But glad I got to watch your "kids".
- and yep, you seem to like to know, what inhabits your tank, so I just wanted to help on tbat :p
Mick.

awesome mate just awesome!!

Cheers mike. Fingers crossed the next one can look half decent too.
Ive noticed this morning the male showing off to another female again. Not sure what hes been taking but ill be watching for a 3rd batch of fry just incase

You are never going to get a chance to empty this one!

I know.
My dining room is going to be a very tight squeeze with both tanks in.

Im sure the male is doing it on purpose. Either that or he knows hes going in a much much bigger home and thought hed save me lots of pennies by kindly presenting me with lots of little ones :p

Maybe he's thinking he'll have to work harder to woo the ladies when they have more space to avoid him so he's making the time count.

Maybe he's thinking he'll have to work harder to woo the ladies when they have more space to avoid him so he's making the time count.
Ha ha yeah sounds more like it lol... he seems to be the only male in there, or at least the only one I can sex.
He can keep at it if he likes. Means less for me to buy to stock the big one up with :D

Wow. I want to try the choco Gouramis now! Them babies are too cute.

Looks like a new tank purchase in the near future!

Only looked through the last few pages mate and this is unreal now. I prefer this type of Bio aqua scape as oppose to the 'highly polished' look of the fancy neatly trimmed setups.

Proper Nature aquarium.
And your one of the best at it. Go big or go home.

Nice one ;)

Back