• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Better safe than sorry mate, think id be more comfortable drip feeding the storage box.
Yup I was thinking the same too mate. Will do it over the course of a day or two slowly I think.
The tanks going to look very bare for a while as I'll only be adding slowly to it. I did manage to scrounge some plastic pipework from the Plummer so I can cut that into small sections and put into the substrate at angles for shelter and breeding caves for the paras and shrimp. Might look odd until
Plants have been added and grown in as the pipes white ha ha

Over the course of a day or two seems excessive. I'd do it over an hour or two and feel very confident.

Things are looking great with the lighting and cabinet! Nice work mate!

Id drip feed them too to be safe im quiet looking forward to seeing this develop have you sorted the mounts for the light out yet
Me too I'm beginning to get excited now I know the tanks here in a week. Lighting wise its being hung from the ceiling so there's no arms sticking up from the back of the cabinet

Over the course of a day or two seems excessive. I'd do it over an hour or two and feel very confident.

Things are looking great with the lighting and cabinet! Nice work mate!

I was only thinking a day as the new tank will have been set up the same day that's all. I'll do it over a couple of hours then it's just with the fish being as sensitive as they are. Over the course of this week though I will keep replacing some of the storage tub water with treated tap so it brings it up or as close to what the big tank will be once filled

well the excitement of getting my tank has subsided for Now as its not coming for another week now :(

but on a positive note since the crs have been moved to storsge theyve clearly had some barry white evenings as few are buried now as are a few cherrys aswell. just means the toy tub will have to be left running a while to see if any shrimplets appear a few weeks later after the fish have been moved over.
the light unit will hopefully be suspended from the ceiling later today also. once that is up ok I can then attach the edging to it to hide the wires etc.

just a couple of pictures showing my finished lighting unit, hung and have just finished attaching the frame around the edge. all in all I'm really happy with how it looks. would have prefered the joists to be where I needed them but after a bit of fiddling it's done.
8459241438_d893313dc5_b.jpg
Untitled by Mr-T-, on Flickr

8458188471_872b345d99_b.jpg
Untitled by Mr-T-, on Flickr

I like the colour rendition too from the bulbs. not as yellow as I thought they'd be.
just a week to go now until my tank comes

Looking really good mate, great job on the light unit!
thanks Danny. pretty chuffed with how the light looks now it's finished.

What an absolute beast of a tank lol, cant wait to see it next week pal!
:lol: i know mate we are going to have some fun carrying it in lol. hope your feeling strong on saturday ha ha

Can't wait to see the tank! Is it coming this weekend?

me neither mate, its next weekend its coming. this week is going to go very slow lol so I'm spending the time getting all the last bits in, few tubs of tmc nutra soil to top off the old and sort what plants etc.

What a great build! The light unit looks the business! Looking forward to seeing this come together :)

thanks Gary hopefully it will appeal to most lol. can't wait to start.

MASSIVE! this will look class ;)

lol thanks jack. wishing I'd gone a little higher tank wise though. :(

Very nice build al, it's Going to look great with some glass under it.
Any ideas on the planting yet? Looks like that wood could hold a few patches of substrate and offer some interesting options.
Some lucky chocos.

cheers mate. what you mean will look great with glass under it. is already their just has super clarity haha
plant wise mainly trident, needle leaf, anubias nana, weeding moss and a big carpet of tennelus and M.hirsuta. oh and some crypts around the various bits of wood that will be in

Nice build so far! Even more satisfying when you've got stuck in by designing and constructing it yourself. Arondip showed me this thread, I'm gonna keep an eye on it.looking forward to seeing it up and running.

That edging on the light unit really transforms it into such a pro job! Well done mate, I love it!
Don't get carried away whilst waiting for the tank and start varnishing that bit of bogwood though! LoL
:)

Nice build so far! Even more satisfying when you've got stuck in by designing and constructing it yourself. Arondip showed me this thread, I'm gonna keep an eye on it.looking forward to seeing it up and running.

Thanks Andy, im really pleased with how its coming along. cant wait to have it running either. its going to be slow though.

Awesome buddy thumbs up to you and who ever designed it ...... lol

But on a serious note I can't wait too see the tank full of life it will be a master peace mate nice one

;)

cheers mate, not sure about masterpiece but the fish should or better be happy lol. Had a night mare levelling the cabinet out today though. dam uneven floor
just wish I'd gone higher to say 45 cm and not 40 on the tank size. ah well food for thought when I go bigger next year Lol

That's gonna some size of a tank. Looking forward to this.

thanks Derek, me too. only 5 days to go

That edging on the light unit really transforms it into such a pro job! Well done mate, I love it!
Don't get carried away whilst waiting for the tank and start varnishing that bit of bogwood though! LoL
:)

ha ha I won't lol. I'm concentrating on 're soaking the wood again as its dried out again and don't want any floaters.....

I'm liking the light too. the camera doesn't show the true scale of it all. it looks small on the pics.

also the tank will have to go a week or two with no fish in as I'm adding some fresh tmc nutra soil which will release ammonia spikes so probably better to let that pass don't you think??

Back