• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: 90x45x45 "LlÅ·n Peninsula"

saintly said:
Stu! are you now a 5D mK2 user? :geek: .
Looks like it from the photos ;)

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Lens: EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM
Image Date: 2010:02:18 00:46:50
Focal Length: 24.0mm
Focus Distance: 1.22m
Aperture: f/3.2
Exposure Time: 0.0080 s (1/125)
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: +0.33
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No (Manual)
Color Space: sRGB
Photographer: Author: Stu Worrall
Copyright: Copyright: Stu Worrall Photography

Anyone care to donate one my way? :rolleyes:

saintly said:
stuworrall said:
Can you embed videos here yet?

not sure mate. the vimeo account allows you to embed videos on sites. i've not tried it yet. actually yes, viktor and paulus have me on their sites. which is embedded.

http://viktorlantos.com/wordpress/2010/ ... ans-fotoi/

Stu! are you now a 5D mK2 user? :geek:

nice little Vid. I'm now trying to get my head around editing software :wideyed:

The tank looks killer mate.
Cheers Mark :thumbup:

Re the vids I dont think theyll embed on this design of forum. Viktor is running a wordpress install which has it built in.

Yup, got the 5d and 24-70 kit just after xmas. I had looked in the states for one but they were the same price so no point buyig one there with no warranty so I picked it up from a local dealer. Ive had a quick look at the software out there but havent quite got my head around it all yet. Think I need a new build and some clear disk space first as its filling up quick with the size of the 5d2 files and the vids are slow to process even on a quad core :(
LondonDragon said:
Anyone care to donate one my way? :rolleyes:
Ill send you one when i win the lottery paulo ;)

stuworrall said:
need a new build and some clear disk space first as its filling up quick with the size of the 5d2 files and the vids are slow to process even on a quad core :(

tell me about it. i've got a 1.5TB hardrive and it's filling fast! :wideyed:

software is a minefield.

saintly said:
tell me about it. i've got a 1.5TB hardrive and it's filling fast! :wideyed:
Yeah and I run out of space as my 6.5TB are full up also! lol

Im fitting an ada lily tonight so converting the current 16mm outlet to a 13mm with some nice new clear tubing.. It'll be interesting the see how much the pressure increases out of the outlet (for a longer squirt?) or if it will just limit the flow.

Incidentally if anyone lives in north wales and needs round clear 16mm or 13mm tubing then the waterways (or is it watergardens??) place in kinmel bay does it for £1.20 per meter. much cheaper than B&Q (which is oval anyway!)

stuworrall said:
Incidentally if anyone lives in north wales and needs round clear 16mm or 13mm tubing then the waterways (or is it watergardens??) place in kinmel bay does it for £1.20 per meter. much cheaper than B&Q (which is oval anyway!)

If you're ordering a large amount (10 metres or so) then I can recommend Kiowa.co.uk. 48p per metre/42p per metre (for 10+) for the 12mm internal diametre tubing. I've bought 16/22mm from them before when making a long syphon hose. Just have to take into account postage costs (£4.95 or free when spending £50).

A little update on the tank.

I was fortunate to buy some of myboyshavs ada gear he was selling so replaced my HK lily with a P2. I thought it may be a bit small bit it fits quite well into the tank and the reduced pipe to 13mm boosts the velocity of the water coming out compared to the 17mm. ADA pipes with one sucker are poop though, two suckers rule for support so ive had to use an ugly black support until the pipe straitens out! It still needs the koralia to keep up the flow though.

It gives better whirlpools than the HK one too :)

4455876440_e9bc2f9d2a_o.jpg

Heres the tank at mid march. Ive got some problems with BBA on the rocks which im spot dosing with easycarbo and may have to higher the light too as i cant go higher with the co2 at the moment. The HC has gotten really thick now and its just a had a trim but probably needs another soon as its growing so fast!

4455101537_79da2f293a_o.jpg

Very, very nice indeed!
Won't be long till you're staring a new scape! :twisted:

Tonser said:
Thats some carpet youve got going on Stu - love it :)

I've ben having trouble with BBA recently but found spot dosing the Excel worked really well, and stabilising the CO2 and flow has stopped it coming back :)

How long do you plan to keep the scape going ?

Tony
Cheers tony and garuf. I think ill change around the co2 and turn it on 2 hours before rather than 1 hour to see if that makes a difference on that advice tony :)

Im with Garuf on the re-scape idea. i dont think this scape will be around for much longer once ive got a few more fish, some final photos and some time!

That looks awesome Stu, love it!

Have you thought about vallis nana in the rear left corner to maybe add some height? Cyperus would also work very well IMO

Very, very nice indeed, Stu. The HC is outstanding - funny how we're most impressed by other people doing stuff we can't do!! :clap:

I reckon Dan is spot on, too - a bit of height would transform it (not that it's not wholly lovely already, of course...)

Dan Crawford said:
That looks awesome Stu, love it!

Have you thought about vallis nana in the rear left corner to maybe add some height? Cyperus would also work very well IMO

hmm, youve got me thinking now dan :?: Ill have to do a photochop to see what it looks like.

I like vallis nana, but then i like cyperus as well. But which ones better??? :shh: :D

SteveUK said:
Looking fantastic Stu :) Wish my HC would grow! Seems fairly dormant in my little nano. I maybe need to trim it back and spur it on.
paul.in.kendal said:
Very, very nice indeed, Stu. The HC is outstanding - funny how we're most impressed by other people doing stuff we can't do!! :clap:

I reckon Dan is spot on, too - a bit of height would transform it (not that it's not wholly lovely already, of course...)
cheers steve n Paul. I think it must be luck as i really struggled with it in my Rio 125. I did notice a sharp increase in growth when I put the solar 1 on but then its getting an extra 50 watts plus the extra ferts and co2 that were needed with the increased light. I think the brighty k mix ive made up helps give it a nudge too as i read on here it reaslly loves it.

quality stu!

it's actually putting me off using HC in my tank. it may just give me more hassle than I really want....all the trimming etc

havent done any in a while andy. im aiming to get some this week for the ADA comp but i wont be able to post those up. Its looking super grown in at the moment which hasnt done any favours for the rocks as theyve got a bit lost!

on a bonus side note I did pick up some tasty balck and red lava rock from a quarry this week which may be going in there next :D

i started breaking this tank down last night. I got the final photo for the ada comp that i was happy with and its been chugging along since. Ill post the final image up once the the ada comp is annouced so i dont fall foul of the rules.

Ive taken out the HC carpet but there wasnt that much HC left in there. The odd bit of riccia which had transported from my old tank had gone rampant and taken over the carpet unfortunaltey and it seems to have outcompeted the HC :(

Once ive got the tennelus out ill remove the fish and squillions of shrimp to my 60cm then I can look at what to put in the new scape :)

Back