• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90cm/150litre - "Patience"

Just on the road, heading back from MA harlestone heath (love iPhones!). Got fish a plenty! I've gone for embers in the end, out of neccessity. Cute little blighters 🙂

Not sure how many I've got. I asked my friend for 40 and the net kept swooping into the tank :lol: I also bought some fish for my nano, mosquito rasbora 🙂 Again, not sure how many, should be more than 15 🙂

SteveUK said:
Just on the road, heading back from MA harlestone heath (love iPhones!). Got fish a plenty! I've gone for embers in the end, out of neccessity. Cute little blighters 🙂

Not sure how many I've got. I asked my friend for 40 and the net kept swooping into the tank :lol: I also bought some fish for my nano, mosquito rasbora 🙂 Again, not sure how many, should be more than 15 🙂

Hi Steve,
im gonna have to come over and see those rasboras,there my favourite fish at the moment,
nice choice steve,
regards john.

I think there might be a few youg serpae tetra mixed in with the embers... Need to have a better look tomorrow morning though. They're all hanging about in the hair grass and blyxa at the moment. Hopefully the ottos will be OK. Not that I'm bragging, but I can't really see any algae in the tank at the moment 😀

I'm sitting on the sofae with my laptop, 😀 looking accross the room at the nano tank at them moment, with minimal lighting in the room, and I can see most of the mosquito rasbora floating about at the front of the tank. I can see how they got the name, the seem to move in such a way as to look like a mosquito buzzing around :lol:

Aaaanyway, I should get to bed 🙂 Busy easter tomorrow with family etc...

Patience 😛

I'd do some now, but they're all still settling into their new surroundings. Wouldn't want to turn the lights on and freak them out too much. On the plus side, I have my DSLR again, so can take some better pcs hopefully...

Ok... Picture overload! You have been warned :lol: Also, doing this on my laptop, so if they're a little dark/odd, that's why...

Day027_Embers01.jpg

Day027_Embers02.jpg

Day027_Embers03.jpg

Day027_Embers04.jpg

Day027_Embers05.jpg

Day027_Embers06.jpg

Day027_Embers07.jpg

Day027_Front.jpg

Still waiting for the HC to grow in more. Definitely need to trim/replant some of it. Any other tips?

Hi Steve,

Got me some embers recently and they were looking great but then disaster struck, noticed a few were missing and couldn't see any on the floor so I opened up my external and found seven of the little critters. Five are fine but 2 died and one injured. Seems Fluval filter guards are not tight enough. Since then the whole shoal has gone really timid, I guess the injured fish probably gives off stress hormones or somthing. I might get some guppies like you to act as dither fish!

Love the layout T

Back