• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90cm/150litre - "Patience"

Well, I caved and ordered 2 sets of PM glass earlier today from Advanced Aquarium Store. I've bought from them before, and have had ok dealings. Now it's the waiting game...

Just on the road, heading back from MA harlestone heath (love iPhones!). Got fish a plenty! I've gone for embers in the end, out of neccessity. Cute little blighters :)

Not sure how many I've got. I asked my friend for 40 and the net kept swooping into the tank :lol: I also bought some fish for my nano, mosquito rasbora :) Again, not sure how many, should be more than 15 :)

SteveUK said:
Just on the road, heading back from MA harlestone heath (love iPhones!). Got fish a plenty! I've gone for embers in the end, out of neccessity. Cute little blighters :)

Not sure how many I've got. I asked my friend for 40 and the net kept swooping into the tank :lol: I also bought some fish for my nano, mosquito rasbora :) Again, not sure how many, should be more than 15 :)

Hi Steve,
im gonna have to come over and see those rasboras,there my favourite fish at the moment,
nice choice steve,
regards john.

I think there might be a few youg serpae tetra mixed in with the embers... Need to have a better look tomorrow morning though. They're all hanging about in the hair grass and blyxa at the moment. Hopefully the ottos will be OK. Not that I'm bragging, but I can't really see any algae in the tank at the moment :D

I'm sitting on the sofae with my laptop, :D looking accross the room at the nano tank at them moment, with minimal lighting in the room, and I can see most of the mosquito rasbora floating about at the front of the tank. I can see how they got the name, the seem to move in such a way as to look like a mosquito buzzing around :lol:

Aaaanyway, I should get to bed :) Busy easter tomorrow with family etc...

Patience :p

I'd do some now, but they're all still settling into their new surroundings. Wouldn't want to turn the lights on and freak them out too much. On the plus side, I have my DSLR again, so can take some better pcs hopefully...

Ok... Picture overload! You have been warned :lol: Also, doing this on my laptop, so if they're a little dark/odd, that's why...

Day027_Embers01.jpg

Day027_Embers02.jpg

Day027_Embers03.jpg

Day027_Embers04.jpg

Day027_Embers05.jpg

Day027_Embers06.jpg

Day027_Embers07.jpg

Day027_Front.jpg

Still waiting for the HC to grow in more. Definitely need to trim/replant some of it. Any other tips?

Hi Steve,

Got me some embers recently and they were looking great but then disaster struck, noticed a few were missing and couldn't see any on the floor so I opened up my external and found seven of the little critters. Five are fine but 2 died and one injured. Seems Fluval filter guards are not tight enough. Since then the whole shoal has gone really timid, I guess the injured fish probably gives off stress hormones or somthing. I might get some guppies like you to act as dither fish!

Love the layout T

Back