• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
You mentioned a dimmer from Ikea. Will they work ? Do they have timers as well ? Just asking in case Im missing out on a cheap way of dimming TMC lights as I am going to be buying some but the controllers are pricey.

I don't see why they wouldn't work but no, they don't have timers.

Sadly the ikea dimmer didn't do the trick, it just flashed on and off so have raised the tile to 30cm above the tank although I think it is still too much light. Keeping an eye out for second hand controllers. I will change the title of this journal as the puffers are now on their way down to Dean, in England, as are the lampeyes. They can kick their heels up in his 350l tank. Both my tanks are now shrimp only.
The hygrophilia pinnatifida is growing slowly but surely and is so attractive I would like some in my other tank. The round pelia is growing fast but the hydrocotyle sp 'japan' can't seem to grow faster than the shrimp eat it so is at a stand still.

It is doing SLOWLY! Trying to resist the temptation of putting co2 in this. Have put some frosted vinyl on the lid and it is half full with floating amazon something or other to keep algae at bay.
How's your shrimp doing?

They are doing great got about 6 berried right now. I moved house about a week ago so had to catch them all up but they seem to be settled right in again. I have stopped injecting co2 so I hope to see some shrimplets in the coming weeks.

The two berried that you sent dropped there eggs not long after going in but they had quite a trip so I'm not that surprised really :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

The 2 berried females were due to hatch their eggs when I posted them so there could have been shrimplets . Hope the others do well.

Closing this journal as this was a tank put together to keep puffers happy. The puffers have gone now so going to rescape and do my first proper high tech.

Oh no your giving up the shrimp or just starting a new tank up?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

The main shrimp tank is the 54l so any remaining shrimp and the lampeye fry will go in there. Will put some shrimp back in cube when it is redone and stable. Not ready to give up crs yet!

Back