• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3 Nano 'heterogeneous' Triptych - The end.

Great pictures Jack! Nice work growing those plants and I like these unusual perspective views.
Thanks pal. As everyone knows my relationship with this tank is somewhat beginning to come to an end (she wants what I can't give her) so I thought I would make some effort today, give her a nice close trim ;) and do a nice big water change and just have a little 1 2 1 time whilst the Mrs was out at work and try and salvaged a broken affair ;) I realised I have a huge amount if weeping moss and Riccia it's unreal. I sent out my next lot to Matt, a member on ukaps so he should be happy with the quantity! The new scape in the far right tank is growing very nicely. Can Anyone tell me why my peacock moss has very very faint brown strands in places? The overall moss looks great and I'm actually beginning to love peacock more than weeping due to it's growth formation but there are some random brown legs attached..'

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I received all this from Ian holdich today.. Words can't express how thankful I am considering what I paid.. This has truly spurred me on to create 3 different scapes across the tanks.. Here are some photos of what arrived..

ezyqy5e4.jpg

6asy4ane.jpg

satuhuzy.jpg

I'll work on a design and get it up asap.

OK here it is... Complete change to the far right tank.. I thought why not mix things up as suggested.. So here it is. Ignore the big dragon stone rock its merely weighing down the wood.. I'll remove it next week :)

8467910447_cf80bc62f0.jpg
DSC_0115[/ur][url=http://www.flickr.com/people/jackdicker/]Jack Dicker

8467906131_d6c974d49f.jpg
DSC_0118Jack Dicker

8467907555_f01bc28600.jpg
DSC_0125Jack Dicker

8469004278_79cd772a9e.jpg
DSC_0124Jack Dicker

8469004278_79cd772a9e.jpg
DSC_0124Jack Dicker

8467904683_1523d0ef5c.jpg
DSC_0128Jack Dicker

8469009462_1a850cdecf.jpg
DSC_0129Jack Dicker

8467915909_bd646a0692.jpg
DSC_0136Jack Dicker

8469012744_ac90cbf8e4.jpg
DSC_0135Jack Dicker

8467903405_acf326ddf6.jpg
DSC_0137Jack Dicker

8469014202_2fee773531.jpg
DSC_0138Jack Dicker

8467901935_c63f39985b.jpg
DSC_0140Jack Dicker

Please do feel free to let me know how you feel about my desicion to change scapes. Looking forward to the stems growing in, in the centre :)[/url]

really like these jack

these tanks made me want a nano

I can understand wanting to change up but I do think these are great as they are
Yeah completely understand. I just think it's time for a change. I'm liking the jungle an awful lot so I'm thinking 3 jungles now to try and experiment with :)

Did u wrap your riccia mesh with cotton or anything? Can't really see anything holding the green mesh on the the metal grid! I'm trying to find a better way of doing it as it drives me nuts!!!

Did u wrap your riccia mesh with cotton or anything? Can't really see anything holding the green mesh on the the metal grid! I'm trying to find a better way of doing it as it drives me nuts!!!
Yeah I laid down some netting and tied it to the mesh with fishing line :) make sure they are compact and loose :)

Three jungles is a great Idea! Looks good mate!
Cheers Ian. I'll need to pace my self on the others as I have a few deadlines coming up so need to focus. Enjoyed the iwagumi, now time for a change :)

looks great jack. very nice. that is an awesome amount of narrow. very generous is our Ian
That's not even half Mate, I kid u not!

Unless your referring to the full shot of it all on the table next the tropica pot?

Nice one Jack i like it very wild and free spirit looking and entirely different!Like you mentioned a while ago getting 3nano's to go together and look like a matching set using Iwagumi style is a toughie as there was allways one or a piece of one that was not to your personal perfectionist taste!But with the jungle set up its definately a bit more flexable and sounds like you are enjoying it so thats the main thing.Cheers mark

Nice one Jack i like it very wild and free spirit looking and entirely different!Like you mentioned a while ago getting 3nano's to go together and look like a matching set using Iwagumi style is a toughie as there was allways one or a piece of one that was not to your personal perfectionist taste!But with the jungle set up its definately a bit more flexable and sounds like you are enjoying it so thats the main thing.Cheers mark
Cheers mark yes I agree, jungle is more flexible, I will give this a shot and see where it takes me. I have a mate dropping of some bright blue neon endlers this morning so they will be my first batch of fish for months! Photos will be up tonight :)

Cheers! Jack :)

Not sure mate i had a look at the video you posted mid Jan if it's what i saw there looks like some kind of Rotala.Put up a good shot of it someone will know what it is.Cheers mark

Back