• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3 Nano 'heterogeneous' Triptych - The end.

Nice video jack, looks really healthy, nicely scaped, you couldn't really ask for more!
Thanks Ian Mate, means a lot. Nice one :) just filter issues now :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Ian Mate, means a lot. Nice one :) just filter issues now :(

There's always something!
You had it to bits to check all parts present and correct and not compromised?
No kinks/blockages in pipe work or air locks?
If all looks well just get onto the supplier, I'm sure they will sort it......inconvenient I know.....

Nice video jack, looks really healthy, nicely scaped, you couldn't really ask for more!

2nd that.

Cracking piece of art you've created jack :) shame about the filter issues mate, all sent to test us though, hope you work it out.

What is this alfagrog?? Sounds funky

2nd that.

Cracking piece of art you've created jack :) shame about the filter issues mate, all sent to test us though, hope you work it out.

What is this alfagrog?? Sounds funky
Yeah I made a post a couple weeks ago asking if there was an alternative to buying expensive eheim filter media and a few people suggested alfagrog.. Not entirely sure what it is but it's cheap and u get lots of it on Ebay. As for contacting the supplier, unfortunately I can't because I bought it from Facebook off a friend on there.. It was only 15 quid with no taps or media. So that could be the issue... But I'll check pipes and parts later today and report back. Cheers guys.

Checked all pipes and everything and no blockages or snags.. Really baffled.. It must be a problem with the filter internally.. Genuinely feel slightly down about this.. Been waiting months for this and now problems have arisen.. Hopefully I can sort the problem soon.. I'm getting very very bad film residue on the top of the water and my flow in the tank is extremely bad.. I'm regretting selling my hob filters now as I have nothing to stick in to help with the situation!.... Grrr what a bummer...

Shame to read such a negative post :(

Just keep right on top of w/c and either had a go at asking filter to bits or battle on an keep looking. PM me details of exactly what your after and ill have a look around aswell

Shame to read such a negative post :(

Just keep right on top of w/c and either had a go at asking filter to bits or battle on an keep looking. PM me details of exactly what your after and ill have a look around aswell
That's very kind of u Mate, thanks a lot. I'll keep up the water changes and guess uptake the filter apart this weekend when I have done time. I'm hoping a bit if filter media has escaped the canister and I just need to unblock it. I'm no good with taking things apart so will be a challenge but it needs to get done. Cheers for the help Mate. If nothing is working after the weekend I'll be looking for a new 2213 and contacting the bloke who sold me this one!

No worries at all jack. Ill keep an eye out on ebay and the rest...allllso!! Just thought there's a huge shop about 25mins from me that does second hand tanks and equipment, ill have a look in there.

Will call them and let you know.

No worries at all jack. Ill keep an eye out on ebay and the rest...allllso!! Just thought there's a huge shop about 25mins from me that does second hand tanks and equipment, ill have a look in there.

Will call them and let you know.
Very kind of you indeed. Would be a shame fire me to throw my toys our the Pam. Guess we all have those days! Lol. I'll take it apart on Saturday and go from there :) positive vibes!

Ill try call them before hand and see if the have one. Then if you end up needing it all buy n post to you?

NEW UPDATE....

where to start... mixed feelings about this.. at first I loved it, maybe it was new and better than the old. Maybe its time to redo the whole bloody thing! maybe your honest opinions can sway my decisions.. I needed a change as if you browse further back the far right tank had been playing on my mind for some time, maybe this is what happens when you attempt to have 3 tanks as one, you ultimately find yourself seeing one tank as the poor attempt. its very difficult to have pure flow as well as beauty going from left to right. Who knows maybe I had it but after 4 months or so i was begining to get bored of it. maybe this is the down fall of iwagumi set ups. Its like you can only achieve so much before your eyes get tired of seeing the same scape. I guess with jungle and dutch everything changes day by day so your always looking out for new things. I could just be waking up on the wrong side of the bed here and it may be that the tanks look good! As for the rescape to the far right tank I now need to rescape the far left tank to match. there is definitely no flow anymore but Im sure once I rescape the far left tank to suit things will be back to the same styles. I guess this in this hobby we are all impatient, I dont think anyone here can just leave a tank for a long period of time with out thinking we could do better :lol: Here are photos as it happened:

e7edygav.jpg

8aveqa3a.jpg

qe4yme4a.jpg

ruruje3u.jpg

8etujebu.jpg

uhe5u4ap.jpg

6adezu3y.jpg

upezu5eq.jpg

y9ygyzuj.jpg

yzygu4ad.jpg

pete7y2u.jpg

2uvyga3u.jpg

I like what you've done mate they look like 3 good nano's wait a bit for right one to grown in after re scape,hey we are mostly all the same Jack having thoughts that something could look better thats normal it's called being self crictical!But with a nano the beauty is in no time you can change the scape dramaticaly without needing JCB's and a building crew!True mate jungle or dutch style tanks change visualy in short periods of time leave that for next project what about 3 tanks one iwagumi one jungle one dutch!Cheers mark

I thought about that but Im just too much of a perfectionist to have differences lol I would need all the same style to suit the flow of the tanks! Yes I agree, once its grown in and adjusted it should fill out nicely, I will rescape the far left tank this weekend to suit the rest... so.....

rather than this:

-----{}-----

it will be like this:

--{}-----{}-----{}--

thats my attempt at drawing with keys ;)

I'm bored with mine, taking it down in next couple wks. Fed up looking at the same thing. Reusing wood but in dif position. I think the big stone should have been on the side of the tank next to the middle tank. The middle and end(right) tank now have I very similar feel/lay out about them. I would have tried to go for more of a mirror image, 2 big rocks together then a slope down towards the right.

My aim is to mirror the left tank to match the right tank. but this may never happen as I have been offered some money for the full set up and I may just take it! but th aim is to mirror the left to suit the right :) once this is done it wont look so unbalanced

Looks good jack. When I 1st started planted tanks it was so exciting and I hit a bit of a wall and it was so depressing, my tanks where ok I just got a bit bored and rescaping and not getting the results I wanted made me really down.

Just pick yourself up and crack on mate because as n outsider looking in your doing a good job.

Once you get bored again just change it up! This would be a pretty dull forum if we all knew the answers and got our scapes right 1st time with no problems and kept to plans haha.

Next time why not try 3 very very different scapes? One a thick thick moss jungles for shrimp. One with loads of leaf litter and roots with cabomba and then another Dutch style ?? Just go wild haha

Great comment nayr, however, I think you have produced a great scape there for one of you first main aquascapes. As nayr states, if your gonna do something else, try something different and get a taste for othe styles. I'm sure you'll do fine. You seem to be able to the hard bit and grow the plants.

Cheers lads, good to hear. I feel that understanding the plants assists me in keeping them healthy.. I have only ever been into planted tanks and I now have been doing it for less than a year.. It all started when I had musk turtles and I bought a java fern, it died and went black so I bought another, that died too. I researched and came across Aquascaping last year and that was it. My step dad is a Glazier so I got some glass and made some tanks! First were a few walstads then now the triptych. Your right Ian when u say I should try other styles to learn from. I did a walstad jungle nano and loved it but can't help thinking now I know more I could produce a far superior tank. I think I shall finish the triptych and scaping and then as you two say attempt new ideas and risks, I have been speaking to Tim about this and I'm planning on doing a 450mm optiwhite cube for some dwarf puffers. This will be a huge difference and will need a different style of scape too. I'll post updates of the triptych as I go, I do aim to finish it before I let it go. I have been offered 400 quid for the lot so I could use that for a dwarf tank allowing enough for a LED tile unit too.. Always wanted one but price put me off! Thanks again guys.

Back