• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

238l rescape, UPDATED 21st Oct

chilled84

238l rescape

Ok, So after winning the compo by planted box, Much to my amazement i now have the wood i have always wanted in
my scapes ( well aslmost, as its not here just yet, wow boy easy easy) I decided i might aswell start thinking my next scape.

Im compriseing a list of ideas. First off i would like to try another type of substrate, other than gravel, Gravel is cheap and does work fine, but i want to see the benefits of a slightly better yet still cheap substrate.

I have after looking around the forum over time found people useing double line akadama and have kinda decided thats the route i will take as the colour is nice and the benifits seem to be there for the plants and circulation round roots.

Only part that is a bit concerning is the gh / kh values that change on a large scale. I am however aware that soaking the akadama for 7 days is a good idea and i will be doing so.

Im also intreaged about useing Peat moss or pure spagnum peat under the akadama. Thoughts? Altearnatives?

Small list
56 ltrs Akadama
peat moss or spaghagnum pure peat

Plant list

Weeping moss
christmas moss
fissidens
Flame moss
Riccardia chamedryfolia

pelia
starogyn
pogostimon helferi
dwarth hairgrass
Bolbitus
red tiger lotus
polysperma
ludwigia repens
Blyxa

Re: 238l rescape.

Sounds good to me so far, Chilled. Must be tough with such a big tank cost wise?! What about Tropica substrate capped with Sand? Or would that work out more costly that akadama? Just a thought..

Cheers

Dan

Dan Walter said:
Sounds good to me so far, Chilled. Must be tough with such a big tank cost wise?! What about Tropica substrate capped with Sand? Or would that work out more costly that akadama? Just a thought..

Cheers

Dan

Hell, your not wrounge mate, its very costy, I dont know how i do it sometimes, If it was not for ukaps i would not have the tank with plants. Im trying to get away from gravel. :thumbup:

Similiar plant list to what I want for my next tank. Would love to see some pictures when you have them.

saintly said:
blimey! bit of an artist i see. :wideyed:

i really cant fault any of these images!

I went to art colledge and all that rubbish lol, Natural artist myself, prefere oil seascapes, Ill show ya some pics sometime, Always wanted to sell them but noone wants to spend out on them.

So what ya think of the scape, More wood going to be needed?

chump54 said:
I like the branches on this one hanging over into the foreground.

As I'm just discovering it's all about the detail.

nice pics by the way :thumbup:
Chris

This time it is about the details, I wanna get it spot on as i was learning on last scapes. :thumbup:

where are you up to now chilled?

has your wood turned up what sort of scape are you going for, where are you getting your inspriation from?

mattyc said:
where are you up to now chilled?

has your wood turned up what sort of scape are you going for, where are you getting your inspriation from?

Wood not here yet buddy, Im rescapeing my tank, Its been long over due, Getting my inspiration from a road near me wich has trees going right over the road like a tunnel. What ya think of the plans and list of plants so far.

From that look of your drawings i cant wait to see this setup,
good luck,
regards,
john.

Back