• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

20l nano cube

Hey @LondonDragon, oh cool I have only heard great things about this fertilizer its very popular amongst the german aquascaping community, im quite sure in the future i will need to increase the dosing but at least i have a starting point

DAY 9
50% water changed and added my drop check for co2 its on the light green side, but that could because I have a yeast based co2 system going im waiting untill its run out the the main co2 system will be connected also I think Sunday will be a water change then I test the water to see where in at and then I think ill do water changes on a Wednesday and Sunday for a few weeks to see how that goes plants are looking great a few leave are melting on the carpeting plants but I think that is normal and there looks to be some new small leaves emerging from the soil 😀
Also I started my fertilizer from my plan
8 drops of N
2 drops of P
4 drops of iron
Only time will tell if grows nicely
20210305_144317.jpg

Well have great weekend stay safe and i will report back next week with an update

Hey Matthew!

Your tank is looking amazing!! I love how vibrant it looks! Definitely a good selection of plants and they look like they’re growing so well!

I set mine up yesterday as my light and substrate finally arrived. I have a few questions regarding your setup: for you light, did you end up using the fluval, if so, what setting are you starting with? Are you heating your tank? And also, what co2 setup are you using? I was going to try and just dose with excel in this tank as I don’t want to have to buy another co2 setup.

Absolutely love seeing your tank progress!

Hey @Leah95
Thank you so much,
Im not using the fluval light at the moment i have been told its is very strong light and i should wait a little untill the plants have grown a little, (this information cane from my local aquascaping store Aquaasbi)
I do have a hester dennerle i think 25w the smallest one its currently not in the cube because the water ist at 24°, but i check everyday a few times, so unless it gets colder i dont think ill put it in.
The co2 set i wanted to use Was broken when i set the aquarium so i had to order a new set which is from JBL
16150404855509045128225866779908.jpg

Im waiting for the night switch thing to come because it was sold out everywhere.
So I had for an emergency a dennerle bio co2 kit that connects to the corner filter
16150407240114984278456503454557.jpg

It seem to work fine the co2 supply is good and the drop checker is green but as i said they will all get changed when i have all my new equipment
Hope that helps

Hey @Leah95
Thank you so much,
Im not using the fluval light at the moment i have been told its is very strong light and i should wait a little untill the plants have grown a little, (this information cane from my local aquascaping store Aquaasbi)
I do have a hester dennerle i think 25w the smallest one its currently not in the cube because the water ist at 24°, but i check everyday a few times, so unless it gets colder i dont think ill put it in.
The co2 set i wanted to use Was broken when i set the aquarium so i had to order a new set which is from JBL
View attachment 164276
Im waiting for the night switch thing to come because it was sold out everywhere.
So I had for an emergency a dennerle bio co2 kit that connects to the corner filter
View attachment 164277
It seem to work fine the co2 supply is good and the drop checker is green but as i said they will all get changed when i have all my new equipment
Hope that helps
Thanks so much for answering my questions! I've just seen your recent picture next to your new nano and it looks great!

Hey guys this morning I have been a little busy water changes on 2 fresh water tanks
The little nano cube seems to be growing nicely the carpet monte carlo plants at the front have started to melt doesn't look very nice the moos is growing into a big Bush looks cool did a 50% water changed cleaned the glass etc also tested the water
Temp 23°
Kh 2
Gh 2
PH 6,6
NH4 0,05
No2 0,4
Cu 0,05
O2 10
No3 5
Po4 0.02
Si02 6.0
Fe 0.05
K 5
Mg 1
Co2 drop checker green
All tests are conducted with the jbl test kits
16157262081684250743628951380198.jpg

The main tank 123l fluval flex is doing great no algea parameters all in order the plants seem to grow nicely the fish love it and the shrimp seem to be always out playing
16157263512126160850902709431697.jpg

And the last aquarium thd Dulpa marin cube 50 which was set up yesterday with reel reef rock and sand, and adding the water with a salt mix is doing fine the pumps are all working fine little bit of dust from the sand on the front glass but nothing really to tell
I manged to get the water to 25° and tested the salinity which seem to be in the correct range PH seems fine and the KH is also spot on, unfortunately i can not test the calcium or the Magnesium due to not having the test kits,
I have to add 3.5ml of bacteria every day untill the nh4 and no2 goes down which sould be about a week and then I can start to add corals im friend has also got s saltwater tank and is willing to give me few frags next weekend to get into the tank. I have a protien skimmer on oder from skimz thst fits into the built in sump that should also ber here next week
16157267773246751988463868417249.jpg

Well after all the work i can sit back and relax and enjoy my aquariums
Take care guys stay safe and have a great weekend will post an update next weekend

Last edited:
Back