• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

17 US gallon semi low tech (excel supplemented)

Why is that Clive? Is it because of the unhatched eggs?

Hi mate,
Yes, it's the same story with snails. You can eliminate them all, but a few weeks later more appear. best to be sure, although I'm not really certain what the incubation period is but i think it's about a month or so before they hatch.

faizal said:
Oops. :oops: I guess this means I need to take my journal out from the low tech forum, don't I?
Don't worry about it mate. just wanted to make sure you understood the difference... :geek:

By the way, i know you're in sort of a remote location, and I think you have access to medical supplies then you can simulate your own Excel using highly diluted Glutaraldehyde. Check the surgery and see what they use for disinfection of operating room equipment such as scalpels and so forth.

Cheers,

Just had an awful vision of myself sneaking out & grinning at the surgical resident with a big bottle of gluteraldehyde tucked into my lab coat. "Errrrr,....it's for my aquarium plants,..." :lol:

hey why not instead of upgrading this current low tech tank, instead invest in a bigger high tech tank, since this tank is almost maintenance free i think having another tank, high tech, wouldn't be much of a hassle... :!:

i actually got rid of all my other small tanks i had when i moved to the current high tech tank when i started my journal but ended up setting up another low tech, just out of the addiction :lol:

so you don't have to move the journal :D :D

You know why,.... :D

1. My wife will kick me out.
2. the Excel growth rates are just nice for me. I could spent the remaining little time with my family.

I don't know what's thr right thing to do though.I think i should shut down this journal under this forum section & start it under Journals.

Back