• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

14x8x8 15L nano (rescape)

Looking at both sets of pictures just now they are basically the same, I just cant make a hardscape layout I'm happy with. Maybe iwagumi is just not my thing.

I think with iwagumi the most important aspect is the rock type and how its compositions sits against the substrate and planting. iwagumi is essentially minimalist open spaced aquascaping. If you master the minimalism against the crowded height of some. i think you will get there :) im currently trying to set up a 3 nano triptych set up and I plan to do an iwagumi across all three. Ive not seen this as of yet so would be interesting to see how this pans out.. I also have been thinking about what will sit best. I think I will go for a black powder ADA Amazonia and EBI gold shrimp substrate along side dragon stone.. I think this amongst the fine and brightly coloured riccia would be quite a composition. but hey, you know how it goes. It works in your head right! lol :)

Re: 14x8x8 15L nano

Whitey89 said:
jbirley said:
spyder said:
It will be interesting to see how you get on with HC and only liquid carbon. :thumbup:

Yeah I thought I would give it a go if it dies meh it dies will try something else.

Hey guys,
I wondered the same.
So i did a dry start with my HC and flooded after it filled out a little, about a month ago now.

I dose;
0.7ml Easy carbo &
0.7ml TPN+

Tank specs;
Fluval ebi
30x30x35 (LWH)
Lighting 22w
Fluval nano internal filter

Heres two showing hc growth about a month apart; ps. (the horrendous sticks in the forefront are no longer there :) )

027a26e7-3fe5-1b63.jpg

027a26e7-3ff6-f01f.jpg

HC is better still now, but I'm just needing to tidy up a little before more photos.

Hope this helps,

Hi Whitey, i'm trying to grow HC too.. but mine seems like not that successful, although it just 2 weeks old.. the growing seems likes too slow..

my tank spec is

45x25x25 (LWH)
lighting 48w
i do fert with NPK + micronutrient

i was wondering your HC can grow so much in just 1 month ?

Back