• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

14x8x8 15L nano (rescape)

jbirley

My first attempt at a nano tank, I had all the bits just knocking around so decided to stick it all together. after all you can never have too many tanks on the go ;)

Tank: 14x8x8
Substrate: moler clay
Lights: 1x 8w T5
Ferts: EI light and easycarbo
Plants: HC

WP_000076.jpg

WP_000077.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo only have a camera phone, saving for a DSLR though :)

I did start out with a nice slope to my substrate but I kinda destroyed it with my ham fisted planting of the HC.

Re: 14x8x8 15L nano

Dexie said:
Its off to a good start :D

What fish are you thinking of?

Honestly I haven't nanos are not really my area of expertise. I'm think that about all I can keep is some micro rasbora and shrimp right though? maybe some of the nano guru's on here can chime in with some suitable inhabitants.

spyder said:
It will be interesting to see how you get on with HC and only liquid carbon. :thumbup:

Yeah I thought I would give it a go if it dies meh it dies will try something else.

14x8x8 15L nano

jbirley said:
spyder said:
It will be interesting to see how you get on with HC and only liquid carbon. :thumbup:

Yeah I thought I would give it a go if it dies meh it dies will try something else.

Hey guys,
I wondered the same.
So i did a dry start with my HC and flooded after it filled out a little, about a month ago now.

I dose;
0.7ml Easy carbo &
0.7ml TPN+

Tank specs;
Fluval ebi
30x30x35 (LWH)
Lighting 22w
Fluval nano internal filter

Heres two showing hc growth about a month apart; ps. (the horrendous sticks in the forefront are no longer there :) )

027a26e7-3fe5-1b63.jpg

027a26e7-3ff6-f01f.jpg

HC is better still now, but I'm just needing to tidy up a little before more photos.

Hope this helps,

14x8x8 15L nano

Hemianthus callitrichoides "cuba" is a highly regarded aquarium plant among hobbyists. It has tiny leaves and forms a 'carpet' effect if given adequate lighting, co2 and ferts.

Apparently Some people have difficulties but I havent yet.

I would be grateful for some input on stocking this tank from some of the nano guys around :thumbup: I'm thinking CRS at the moment.

jbirley said:
I would be grateful for some input on stocking this tank from some of the nano guys around :thumbup: I'm thinking CRS at the moment.

Have you kept shrimp before? CRS can be finicky and sensitive and come with a higher price tag. RCS are a lot cheaper and more sturdy. This comes into play even more when you consider your small 15l capacity.

spyder said:
jbirley said:

Have you kept shrimp before? CRS can be finicky and sensitive and come with a higher price tag. RCS are a lot cheaper and more sturdy. This comes into play even more when you consider your small 15l capacity.

OK I will consider cherrys instead then, CRS are much prettier though :p thanks :thumbup:

OK one week update, and all is quiet. HC seams to be getting along nicely no signs of melting at all and even seams to have grown a tiny bit all in all i'm quiet happy.

I have just spent half an hour trying to get an OK picture with only a camera phone and a 7 year old digital compact but I managed to get an OK one eventually.

week1crop.jpg

I see these pics on EVERY journal I've clicked on lately haha!!

Whitey89 said:
jbirley said:
spyder said:

Hey guys,
I wondered the same.
So i did a dry start with my HC and flooded after it filled out a little, about a month ago now.

I dose;
0.7ml Easy carbo &
0.7ml TPN+

Tank specs;
Fluval ebi
30x30x35 (LWH)
Lighting 22w
Fluval nano internal filter

Heres two showing hc growth about a month apart; ps. (the horrendous sticks in the forefront are no longer there :) )

027a26e7-3fe5-1b63.jpg

027a26e7-3ff6-f01f.jpg

HC is better still now, but I'm just needing to tidy up a little before more photos.

Hope this helps,

just a quick update, some blyxa added bad photo again to follow i'm afraid.

WP_000084.jpg

well two weeks in now my HC is starting to get a bit leggy, its going up more than I thought it would. Any ideas?

HPIM3164.jpg

Well I was never very happy with the original scape I did not like the rocks and it seamed very flat to me but I was just using what I had lying around. I had some nicer rocks left over from my 90L so decided to tear the whole thing up change the rocks, reshape the gravel and replant. Photo is only 5 mins after planting so its a bit cloudy, I will get a better picture once it all settles down.

rescapecrop.jpg

Back