• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 45 x 45 open top journal

but had a mishap with one of the glass Inlets - dropped it and it smashed into pieces!

:oops:
this is precisely why I keep leaving those very nice glass sets in the shop ...
I've been pondering stainless (not popular here for some reason)

Good start on the propagator!
(though I can' t look at that desk lamp but imagine Luxo jr. )

Just planting as we speak!
e716b6a7f9b1c6c017b92225aaa7745c.jpg

Added 2 tubs of java Moss onto the wood today.. Cuba is coming along nicely but still struggling to keep it planted even though the roots are becoming established.

Will leave for another couple of weeks then will be adding the fish :)

a81b590bc00099a5dfde682ea74e02f3.jpg

576adf6530764da1f8aabe88e2bbecf3.jpg

Added 2 pots of Gymnocoronis Green at the rear and also bought a few pots of Alternanthera Rosie folia but received battered plants but they are being replaced with no problems.. Thumbs up co2art!

Also the Cuba has started to pearl! Which is a great sign so must be doing something correct...

7ebb465cdd69e54219f8167258625338.jpg

dad8d4eef7174b0e5cae6efbd870d38f.jpg

Over the last few days algae has been appearing which is annoying as I've only had the lights on 30% and got the co2 quite high.. I know flow is ok as all the plants are swaying a little. Dosing roughly 30ml of ferts (ei) so under dosing according to start instructions.

I assume best bet is to scrub as much as possible, extra water changes and a black out for a few days would help out?

Also I gave the Cuba a trim and found that it had started to die off a little as it was to dense... Tank is looking a little bare compared to how it has been as trimmed loads but hopefully will bounce back soon.

is it diatoms? If so just scrub and ignore- seems to be common in new scapes and clears up as they mature. Water changes will help. Unless its ridiculous though I wouldn't bother blacking out. I faffed with diatoms loads when I started my current tank. Mostly went away of its own accord (still covers my driftwood but just makes it look darker...)

I like the little pearling closeup! hopefully it'll look like that again soon

Swapped the Cuba out for hair grass... I did a trim on it and found loads of dead underneath... I had planted it to deep hence my algae issues!

Plus I was getting sick of all the little leaves getting stuck in the Moss.

To be honest though I think the hair grass suits the tank more than Cuba.

57cf456eced85426476d338479f4e840.jpg

dd8e621a125b0aeacaf60b28a699331c.jpg

How is the tank looking now mate
Not the best to be honest.. The grass was growing really long so trimmed right down and it's turning rows! Also the stem of the plants keep melting.

My co2 is pretty high and dosing still.

The algae is coming under control but is still an issue! Working on it though... 20 percent changes every 2 or 3 days.

hmmm...inspecting my cabinet and it has started to bow and is quite swollen on the interior! I assume it is the humidity...not best pleased so will be getting in touch with the shop tomorrow about this as I don't think it to be safe...

No water has been spilt on it so it must be the moisture...

it has started to bow and is quite swollen on the interior!
I'd start lowering the water level in the tank as much as possible & plan on moving the tank soon regardless of shop response - hopefully the shop will have something they can offer, even if it's just a temporary loan while they sort the situation with the manufacturer.
Seems you only filled the tank in June so this is pretty appalling - can you move livestock & plants to alternate places?

Back