• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Pondering it all…

Lol! Gawd no @Wookii , what do you take me for 😂 😂 😂

View attachment 209590

75%… 😈

View attachment 209591

😂 😆 😝

😂 Lemme just get this water change water on the lawn . . .

slip-water-hose.gif

Beautiful things don’t ask for attention…

1694939943579.jpeg

1694939974876.jpeg

1694939995265.jpeg

1694940029784.jpeg

1694940048996.jpeg

1694940088893.jpeg

1694940136947.jpeg

Fish do the trimming. Sun provides the energy. Rain replaces evaporation. Nature provides the food input if we are unavailable. System delivers equity for the inhabitants. Sounds like a babbling brook.

Beautiful things don’t ask for attention… ✅

Suppose the mission intent is in the journal title @PARAGUAY . Suffered heavy loses over the last year. Figured smashing a massive hole in the sun baked ground in summer heat is a better way of dealing rather than bottling things up. Time to think, time to ponder whilst carving out the ground.

More than anything it’s there everyday for the morning coffee. Even tonight it’s good company whilst enjoying a beer:

1694987094411.jpeg

Pond in October before the sun did a disappearing act:

1700313399078.jpeg

Has done alright for itself despite being started up late in the season, three months growing weather in total.

Winding down for the colder season now. Rain brought a minor bought of blanket weed to bloom in October.

Two treatments of this stuff seems to have worked:

1700313823854.jpeg

Temporarily changes the viewing somewhat though… 😂

1700313932239.jpeg

Lilies cut back, UV off and gone up to four airstones to even out agitation and flow. Last big water change for the year:

1700314199610.jpeg

Good thing about dropping the water so low is you can easily count the livestock. All the Shubunkin’s are still accounted for and have grown to 5 inches on average. Fingers crossed they make it through the winter 🤞🏻

I used to get blanket weed, but after adding arum “lillies “ (years ago) no longer get it, they can get big though currently over 5’, next year I plan to remove one (leaving one in place) and replace it with some form of reed, as yet undecided

I used to get blanket weed, but after adding arum “lillies “ (years ago) no longer get it, they can get big though currently over 5’

Sounds like a good addition, will definitely give them a go and they have pretty flowers.

Planting was rushed tbh @fredi , will work on the planting properly for next season. Thank you for the tip 🙏🏽

Sounds like a good addition, will definitely give them a go and they have pretty flowers.

Planting was rushed tbh @fredi , will work on the planting properly for next season. Thank you for the tip 🙏🏽
If it’s of any help
You are more than welcome to a plant , as I said I will be removing one next spring
It’s too large to lift (without a crane😂), I will cut it up in situ, with a wood saw, before re growth occurs (done this many times over the years)

If it’s of any help
You are more than welcome to a plant , as I said I will be removing one next spring
It’s too large to lift (without a crane😂), I will cut it up in situ, with a wood saw, before re growth occurs (done this many times over the years)

That’s very kind @fredi , thank you for the offer but wouldn’t want to put you through any hassle 🙏🏽

Pond did alright for itself through winter:

1710659779685.jpeg

The sun is only just hitting the plants this passed week. Trimmed everything back in preparedness for the upcoming boom.

Lily’s, deep water reed and Lobelia cardinalis lurking beneath the surface. Frogs and newts too!

All Shubunkin’s are accounted for and getting bigger:

1710659999234.jpeg

The one thing that can’t be shared is the sound. Between the two 90 degree turns sloshing the water on the return, then the four airstones you get a nice and consistent natural running water mashup. With closed eyes in the morning with a coffee, it takes my head back to the mountains:

1710660440542.jpeg

Back