• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Freds new pond build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you knock in the next 2 weeks. Or I won't be here. Work.and our lass And our lads will wonder what's going on.retiring in five weeks time. Just do as your doing to let me know. Say night before. I will then read and be there.good to hear you have a pond bud. Great hobby.took me 18 years to get this build. Best fred

3 new fish i recieve today

7 inch SHUSUI

upload_2016-9-7_17-0-29.png

7" Yamatonishiki

upload_2016-9-7_17-2-8.png

14" Doitsu Kin Kujaku
upload_2016-9-7_17-5-36.png

all three together
upload_2016-9-7_17-8-11.png

the fish we medicated is doing fine hope you like new fish best fred

14" Doitsu Kin Kujaku was scraped and micro scoped to make sure in good nick
also the big ghost koi was caught and micro scoped and is in good nick so no bad bugs in the
pond. like flukes parasites also up to now the fish that was treated with TCP and sealed. is coming along nicely
all the best fred.:thumbup::wave: thanks tim how are you bud ok i hope. i told you the journal would not end lads. i will keep updating as the pond matures. and develops. thats 14 new fish added one more to come. of my mate lee. an asagi. i think that is how you spell it. take care tim best fred. london dragon ian -m and all the rest hope your all well. zo zo is good. talked to him the other day. best fred

Last edited:
had a set back with summer house. taking longer then should. people cannot get it down my back passage way. supposed to cut to size.
some reason cannot do this.so have to get permission for. it to come from doctor s surgary. insurance and paper work. bought and paid for paper work.
all the best fred

Andy d Sk3lly and Tim. Thanks a lot hope your all well. Pond is fine. Slowly maturing now.
Finally got my trickle in and out. At the right speed took me weeks to get this right.
Reason the fish where flashing. And done all the tests. And water was spot on. Could nt figure it out.
Then played with the trickle in. Done the trick now. Drum is the best investment I ever made.
What a piece of kit that is .on the mechanical stage of cleaning. Most pond keepers it's the fines
That is the hardest part. This and my ultra sieve do the business on this.
Yo u can go on holidays now and not worry.Nothing goes back to pond. All goes to drains. The only time I touch the rotary drum is about every six weeks. I give the drum a blast with high pressure washer.takes about 30 seconds. My 2 .5 sprey bar does the business. But just to make sure. To make sure bio mass has gone. Pressure wash. That s a little on mechanical side of things all the best Fred

Well I had the pleasure of meeting Fred, absolute gent, and what a pond and garden, really something to be proud of and looks even better in the flesh, he took loads of time to explain the filtration system, piping etc, really enjoyed it, Thanks again Fred, cheers Mark.

Same same my friend. Your a very nice fellah yourself. Pleasure to meet you. Hope you learned a little of the pond visit.
and if you ever need advice on a pond build. Or keeping koi. Just let me know. Also visit anytime. That's what I keep knocking on about in the thread. Learning and friendship . Also mark witnessed with his own eyes. The two fish that had the medical. Work done to them. And they where doing ok. Still not 100%there yet but doing fine. And thanks for the kind words. Mate
Take care mate all the best Fred

Hope your summerhouse problem is sorted soon for you Fred, bit of irony that after the pond journey concludes,look real characters your fish

Cheers Paraguay. Yes bit of a letdown on the summer house front. They said it could be cut to size. Got the order of us plus deposits. Then it turns out they cannot cut it. If we now move to other builder. We lose the deposits.lied to in a nut she'll. Yeah the fish mate. Some good ones there. I went up a couple of notches. As paying out. Had to to get some quality in the pond. And colour. Best fred

little update. them fish are both eating well. the fish have not been flashing water parameters are good.
the summer house is supposed to be arriving today, so all being well by end of play. that should be installed today.
had to get all paper work done for the doctor s surgary next door. insurance and all that. to come over the wall. lot s
of bull blahblahblahblah . but that s the way the world is now. sueing and counter sueing. all the best fred. and thanks to all you lovely people out there who have followed the thread
and post s all the very best fred

Your awake early;)
Hope all goes well Fred
Its bucketing down South so hopefully you will have decent weather and all goes well!
Your build is a inspiration what can be done....love it!
All the best!................:thumbup:
hoggie

Cheers hoggie no rain but dark clouds same over cast
Thanks for those words mate.the pond is maturing nice now. Best fred

Maybe you should give your neighbour doctor a large bottle of clove oil too.. ;) Invide him over and put some in his tea.. Good for the nerves then he maybe worries a bit less. :)

Cheers zozo it ain't the docs. It's the authority s. It s there rules mate.there is also 12 doctors in there mate not one. Anyway how are you. Keeping well I hope. Best fred

Last edited:
Oh Authorities.. Yes thats global proliferation the same all over.. Once long ago created and choosen by the public to serve the public, but somewhere somehow they managed to turn it around, now the public is serving them it seems. :shifty: They definitevily needs some clove oil and a lot..

I'm good, thanks for asking.. Good luck with your summerhouse later on the day.... :thumbup:

cheer s zozo if i had my way more then clove oil ha ha:clap::thumbup::lol:
cheers tim alll the best zozo tim fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back