• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to get CO2 Cannisters and Refills

For anyone who lives around Aldershot/Farnborough areas, Richard at http://richardthorpefire.co.uk/ always has loads of out of warranty cannisters. I think a 2kg goes for a fiver. very nice chap

Can anyone tell me where to get Co2 FE's in either North Herts or South Cambs please? A few years ago I used a guy over Hitchin way I think but can't remember his contact details.

Did you ever find a place? There is an Adam's gas place in bigglewade, bit of a trek for me though

Anyone know of anywhere selling /refills in Brighton? Currently order via eBay, not the cheapest option

North of the border one of the Adams gas places I use is Scotech in Bellshill area. £17 for a refill/replacement of a 1.5kg bottle, not the cheapest but the only place I can find that isn't a fire extinguisher bottle job

I pay £18 for 6.5Kg From Boardman's in Hull.

Nice one @Zeus. Is it feasible to run CO2 to the tank about 5m away? I could not fit such a large cylinder in my under-tank cabinet. But I am in Grimsby many times during the year so could do a detour to Hull occasionally.

Nice one @Zeus. Is it feasible to run CO2 to the tank about 5m away? I could not fit such a large cylinder in my under-tank cabinet. But I am in Grimsby many times during the year so could do a detour to Hull occasionally.
I purchased/hired a 6.5Kg from them one off cost £80 then they just exchange it for a full one or refill on the day if they are refilling that day.
But if your just after a refill your own cylinder your best to check their refilling that day as they don't everyday. So you might have to leave your cylinder. So we'll worth checking before you go ;)

I have watched various cylinders being re filled, it is an extreamly noisy process at least it is at my local factory.

The cylinder is placed in a cradle and substantially clamped tight in position, a valve and hose is connected, a switch is thrown and a massive thumping noise is generated!
The hoses rattle and shake and seem to pulsate but, it only takes a minute or so and it is done, however I would not be surprised if our little “re charging centre” is very out dated!!

Anyone know of anywhere selling /refills in Brighton? Currently order via eBay, not the cheapest option
Same here! I'm in Brighton and get fe's from eBay. There are various options such as Adams Gas and Aldd Ltd that deliver to the south coast. But this seems like a faff with delivery etc. Would be nice to take my fe's somewhere for filling instead!

Hi all,

Sorry if this address was mentioned already but I have been reading different thread about it and haven't seen it. If someone is interested about CO2 refill near Manchester, I have been dealing with GAS UK in April. They can also exchange bottle's. I'm not to sure about FE as I'm not using this kind of.
Haydock Industrial Estate, Bahama Cl, Haydock, Saint Helens WA11 9XB

Back