• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Zebra plecos sneaky buggers

Sounds like a great aquarium

Yep my first tank in many years. Its over stocked, but got so much plants I got diatoms and green hair too, but it's cool, my water is doing good so am happy do a 25% evey 3 days. Its only 45l so water changes are so easy, I can do them while picking my nose. Can't wait to start another tank

I plan to move them into a marine fish tank i am using as a freshwater it has a sump and a very powerful return. It's 200l. I would like to put other fast water movement fish in there too like hilstreams

I plan to move them into a marine fish tank i am using as a freshwater it has a sump and a very powerful return. It's 200l. I would like to put other fast water movement fish in there too like hilstreams
Sounds interesting, do show us how you get on :)

@malik uddin do you have 2 zebra plecos in a 45L tank? What else do you have in there? I was hesitant to put 1 pleco in a 100L, from what I understand 45litre would be way too small for even 1 pleco
Zebra Plecs are a dwarf species staying smaller than a bristlenose so you would be absolutely fine with one in 100l (if you have a spare £100 lying around).

And now I must go and lock the doors before the angry mob arrives.

Last edited:
a few months ago i was worried they would go down the overflow, but them seem bigger now. i bought them from a local chap, as i wanted a breeder that shred the same water. i got 2 for 110. Yes when i had a marine tank we used to call the angry mob the tang police, the irony is even a 1000l tank is nothing compared to leaving them in their natural habitats, people who live in glass tanks should not throw dragon stone

Back