• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Would this led be suitable?

Thanks darren, guess that rules it out then.....them not being very bright sounds a bit like me ;)

Hi foxfish and a Happy One from me although I am a bit of a bah humbug ;)
You mean my tank? The filter is 55w, 2 x 45w lights @ 7 days x 7hrs, 3, 1.6 Nuwave circ pumps and a 200w heater. My maths, is like the rest of me...........lacking, and as the heater comes on more in the winter (so have no idea of yearly cost). But I am trying to think ahead to when we are both on fixed income pensions very soon, and the missus will be moaning about the cost of everything, so I am trying to exploit the yuletide goodwill to my benefit. :)

I haven't tried one of those particular LEDs, so take my comments with a pinch of salt, but to write it off for being not very bright seems a bit harsh. I'm very happy with my plant health and growth and my LED doesn't look that bright. I'm not recommending one like mine BTW, I haven't seen your set up but it works ok for me.

Thanks James,
I have shelved the idea for the moment as the wife does not want an overhead lighting system!! But she has agreed that if/when my current light system packs up I have talked her into allowing me to purchase two of the new Arcadia Classica Stretch led.
She did agree with a stern warning that if the lighting unit packed up any time soon,she would be very,very suspicious. :) I will have to be subtle:D

Hi Bertie, I'm getting tired of trying to sort out the led lighting I desire, I've been far too naughty for Santa to turn up baring crees and stainless sheet riv Nuts etc. :D cannot justify spending £300+ on something capable of doing the job and also looking nice. There's too many self build options I can't make my mind up.:) it's all the calculations that stop me going for it.

Back