• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Windowsill Nature

@Troi
here's a picture of my very low energy 240 4ft.
It runs a 38W single T8
2 X ecco pro 300 (8w each) with no filter media in.
A hydor in-line heater 200w
obvs no co2 ferts etc etc
It's around 6 months old and is starting to develop contrast and shape. Hope you like it :)
20150320_184826_zpsryaer6fd.jpg

Last edited:
This setup is so impressive and natural, a real inspiration. May try something similar soon...

@ianh
cool definitely recommended. And as much I apreciate the aquascape styles that look like out of water scenes fir their beauty. There's something about having helped to create a real natural underwater scene. This tank just keeps giving back. It changes with the seasons. And I'm always finding nice little surprises I wasn't expecting. It has a life of its own. With this one I don't layout, watch grow out and then trim back to shape. I help it to evolve. 'Much more exciting' :)

wow that's a great looking tank, Its also really interesting that you have no filter and use natural sunlight! I love the jungle natural look! Do you not need a heater in winter?

Hey there

Amazing tank btw, I was just wondering what plants are in the foreground? Cheers
Ghosty

Hi @dan4x4
thank you
It went through all of last winter without one. If memory serves, it went down to about 12.5 as a min.

Back