• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Will Spotted Headstander eat plants?

devakalpa

Hello all,

Will adding a single Spotted Headstander (Chilodus punctatus) spell doom for my plants? It is a 50 gallon low tech with various Crypts, Echinodorus, Anubias, Java ferns, Bolbitis, Vals, Lagenandra, etc. and a newly added small Buce. Some floaters as well.
I know they are nibblers of vegetative matter but otherwise omnivores.. I am ready to supply extra green stuff, but I don't want to add him and then regret.
I am ready to risk a nibbling of the Black Molly kind, but if they are eaters of leaves, I will give it a pass.
Thanks
Dev

They mainly eat insects, so I think you'll be fine. If you're willing to add spinach,/fruit that'll also help their diet. iirc, I fed them frozen foods, and cucumber, spinach and crushed peas.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I am trying to find the answers "on the job" and took the plunge
so far all ok, they are daintily pecking on some leaves at times but plantscape looks dent free.
I shall share developments.

Back