• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Why is my PO4 sky high?

No it was 6 Watts per gallon was the limiting rate the plants took up nutrients and CO2. Going beyond 6 wpg made no difference as the plants were already running at 100%. :)
So to work out how much ferts were required to be non-limiting there must have been a lighting duration as well was there?

I'm sure the experiment is well documented but I've not seen which plants were used and how many of.

Read clives EI article on the home page. Most of theEI answers are there.

As for one fert blocking the intake of another i think the amounts would have to be pretty massive to be honest ?or how would weekly ferts work at all.You are adding 7 times the amount in one hit.As apposed to daily dosing.
The main prob seems to be unless you have access to lab grade equipment there is no acurate reliable way to measure things.

I've read it lots of times and direct many people to it when I'm using other forums.

Macros probably be more difficult to see unless the ratios are well off. I'd say if nutrient antagonism in aquatic plants is a 'thing' then it would be more likely to be a macro to micro or micro to micro issue.

Adding more macros to my tank has improved the overall health of the plants in the last few days so I'm not an EI hater. But I just don't like to go 'wild' when adding nutrients just because (not directed at anyone in particular).

Back