• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

white clown mountain minnows or alternative??

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hey everybody, hope you all had a nice weekend in the sun.
I took a trip over to my 2 local MA's with the plan of getting some ideas for a replacement fish for my cardinals, they were put in from my previous tank and they dont really suit.
The fish i saw was the WCMM which i had always liked and look even- better in the flesh.
My question is... I have read that they like cooler water between 18-22c but have also found on google that now they are all tank bread they are less fussy and can be kept in community tanks without problems at 24-26c.
I currently keep my tank at 26c for the chocolates so think they may well not be suitable???
Does anyone have any experience with keeping WCMM at higher temps?
Also considered asian rummynose raspora but again read that they are more suited to high PH and hard water.

So need a softer water small fish, likes to be lower down in the tank, happy at around 26c and with more subtle colouring...
ideas??

:thumbup: :wave:

i wouldn't put white clouds in over 20- 22 degrees. After all- you are wanting the fish to display its best.

Vietnamese Cardinal Minnow are a good alternative and prefer it warmer.

Garuf said:
Vietnamese Cardinal Minnow are a good alternative and prefer it warmer.

That looks like a very real candidate garuf, id never heard of them before. Finding them no doubt will be the next problem.
Thanks a lot.

Back