• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which heated propagator?

Simon Cole

I kind of like the look of this one:
<Heated Garland Super 7>
1690055830379.png

It am probably going to put it on the windowsill for the summer to grow-out a few tubs of in-vitro rheophytes (bucephalandra, anubias, crypts etc.). Possibly give it more lighting and heating if I am running it later in the year. I am not that keen on tubs or tanks, but hey, if they grow better - all ideas welcome? :) Also, is there a trade off with these smaller propagators? I was almost thinking that better air exchange is achieved when working with a larger propagator, and I suppose an automatic air exchange would be advantageous if I can DIY that route, but then it would not fit on a windowsill?

Thanks Tim, I thought it looked pretty smashing, but it would potentially need to be turned off if it got sunny all of a sudden, ...and I 've got a feeling that I need a bit more heat. They do 8 degrees-C above ambient, but it's probably just a smidgeon too low for my cold house. I am guessing our emergent plants want around 25 degrees-C ambient.
Alternatively, the variable temperature propagators are four times as expensive. Reptile heat mats with variable temperature controllers might just be a more sensible option - good heat, control, cheap. But I'm with you on this one, the Super 7 is in the lead :thumbup:

Edit: possibly looking at simply adding one of these to control the Super 7 ...if the Super 7 has enough heat...
1690063752102.png

Last edited:
Back