• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which filter for possible new tank?

Ben M

hi, i have the opportunity to purchase a new 12" acrylic cube, but i'm unsure as to what filter is needed. i have an old superfish aquaflow 1 sponge filter, that has 200lph, would that be sufficient? if not, is there a cheap internal filter that would be suitable?

cheers :D

Hi,
A 30L CO2 injected tank should in theory have 300LPH of flow. If this is a CO2 tank then a 200LPH filter will be less than idal but depending on the lighting might be workable.

Cheers,

Edit - misread your numbers 30L not 30 Gallon.

hi, i'm not going to inject co2, but i'm going to dose liquid carbon. will the 200lph be good enough for that?

cheers :D

Hi,
Liquid Carbon = CO2, therefore, 200LPH may not be sufficient to avoid some deficiency syndromes. Try it and see. Again, it depends on the lighting levels.

Cheers,

thanks, i think i'll start with the one i have then, to save money, and when i've added to my fish funds, maybe selling a few plants, then i'll up grade. i'm not sure what lighting i'm getting yet, as the tank won't come with any lighting, so i'm trying to find a suitable light. i have a topic in the lighting section. :thumbup:

Back