• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which Bubble Counter

Greenview

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable bubble counter? I had one of the basic glass ones but it kept emptying of water very easily. I understand why this happens, but wondered if there is a bubble counter which does it less readily. I need to get a new one in any case—I have just snapped my one in two trying to get the CO2 tubing off to refill it! Any recommendations for its replacement?

Hi, I know the feeling, I once tried to get my tubing off my glass one way valve and it broke in two pieces :arghh:
The tmc aquagro glass bubble counter is good, or if you are on a tight budget then aqua essentials do their own brand bubble counter. There is also the gush glass bubble counter on APF online store which looks good I think I might get one myself!

If you can get glycerol and you fill the counter with that with that, you will not have this problem anymore. Or at least less frequent. But still a good check valve is needed as sometimes these valves leaks. Watch out with glycerol you will see a bit slower movement with the bubbles. That's normal but you will not see loss in the fluid for months.

Mine's different. The check valve is a JBL unit between the regulator and cheapo bubble counter and water flows INTO the bubble counter. So it never empties.

Viktor, Glycerol sounds like a good idea, but doesn't it clog up the diffuser if it does make it out of the bubble counter?

Greenview said:
Viktor, Glycerol sounds like a good idea, but doesn't it clog up the diffuser if it does make it out of the bubble counter?

This could not. Heavier than water. We're using this in all of our counter no matter if that's a plastic stuff or a glass counter or we have reactor, or a premium ADA glass diffuser at the end. Highly recommend it. :angelic:

Back