• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to get CO2 Cannisters and Refills

Just been into maidenhead aquatics shepperton (nutty lane)
They carry 500g and 2kg refills. £18 and £34 respectively
They can do other sizes but will need to send them off, so there's a turnaround time.

Tonser said:
Yep £16.95 for a bottle full of CO2. When its empty just go and buy another one, and return the empty bottle at the same time.

I'm not sure how big they are Paulo - I'll be going to get one tomorrow so will let you know.

I just picked a couple of these up today - they are 82cm tall, 14cm diameter and come with 14lb / 6.35kg of CO2 for £15.99 each. Thats £2.51 per kg which I reckon is about the cheapest around :D Ring your local calor dealer and see what they do.

Tony

just found a local place to me for fire extinguishers in the lincolnshire area.
it is SK Fire Protection and is based in long bennington. And i live in long bennington so nice and close for me :D :D
this is their website if you need to contact http://skfireprotection.co.uk/

they sell them for £69.99 2kg with certificate and all the bumf but if you already have one in reasonable condition they will replace on site for £14

thats where im going as its sooo close and cannot find any where else that do it locally.

Tonser said:
Tonser said:
Yep £16.95 for a bottle full of CO2. When its empty just go and buy another one, and return the empty bottle at the same time.

I'm not sure how big they are Paulo - I'll be going to get one tomorrow so will let you know.

I just picked a couple of these up today - they are 82cm tall, 14cm diameter and come with 14lb / 6.35kg of CO2 for £15.99 each. Thats £2.51 per kg which I reckon is about the cheapest around :D Ring your local calor dealer and see what they do.

Tony
Those are some tall bottles!!! might have to stick them in the wardrobe after all lol

22 Carlton Road
South Croydon
Surrey
CR2 0BS

I've enquired about refilling 2kg bottle today and they do it for £20 pounds and there is aprox a week turn around time.

Here is their email:

Hi Arthur,

We can arrange to get your co2 bottle refilled with co2 the only thing is
we would need you to drop it into us and its aprox a week turn around time
the cost is £20.00

Kind Regards

Guy Roberts

Unit 38, Capital Business Centre, 22 Carlton Road, South Croydon. CR2 0BS
Tel: 020 8916 2010
Fax: 020 8916 2011
Web: www.eurofireprotection.com

I don't suppose any one knows of better place in London? What is wrong with this big city? All I need is a freaking CO2 refill station and there few around mostly out of town (I mean London town) :D

Right, sorry for the delay guys, I've been so busy this last month or so! Think I've updated everything.

Interesting to see that Euro Fire Protection have put their prices up by £5 on the 2Kg refill.

Tony, I'm confused, your bottle sounds the same size as mine but I could have sworn mine was 3.9kg.... quick Google on the web shows you to be right though, I obviously got more than I realised :D

dhallam said:
it is SK Fire Protection and is based in long bennington. And i live in long bennington so nice and close for me :D :D

they sell them for £69.99 2kg with certificate and all the bumf but if you already have one in reasonable condition they will replace on site for £14

thats where im going as its sooo close and cannot find any where else that do it locally.
Any chance of an address of this place, there's nothing on their website, it just asks you to call a generic national number.
Cheers :thumbup:

Anyone found refills around the farnborough, Surrey or Reading, Berks area. Guildford looked good until I saw read the size of the bottles. Got nowhere to safely store a cylinder that tall.

Not sure, I had a quick look round Guildford for FE replacements but they all turned out more than I was prepared to pay. I'm afraid I can't remember who I contacted, I just googled for fire service people in the area.

Egmel said:
Right, sorry for the delay guys, I've been so busy this last month or so! Think I've updated everything.

Interesting to see that Euro Fire Protection have put their prices up by £5 on the 2Kg refill.

Tony, I'm confused, your bottle sounds the same size as mine but I could have sworn mine was 3.9kg.... quick Google on the web shows you to be right though, I obviously got more than I realised :D

dhallam said:

Any chance of an address of this place, there's nothing on their website, it just asks you to call a generic national number.
Cheers :thumbup:

yes no problem it is

S.K.Fire Protection Extinguishers & Equipment - www.skfireprotection.co.uk
3 Acklands Lane, Long Bennington, Newark, Nottinghamshire - 0845 388 8999

I'm afraid not, the nearest on the list at the moment is Kendel!

Try calling your local calor gas depot, they've been quite good for me in Guildford.

Alternatively you'll have to turn to your local listings.

If you do find anywhere then please do let me know so I can add it to the list. :)

Hey,

I have just got back from this one:

Euro Fire Protection
Location : unit 38 Capital Business Centre, 22 Carlton Road, South Croydon, CR2 OBS
Tel : 02089162010 or freephone 0800 316 7615 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0800 316 7615      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0800 316 7615 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
Services : refill 2kg bottles for £20 though someone got 2 x 2kg cylinders for £10 each in 2009 so they might be open to deals :)
Date Added/Updated : Mar 30, 2010

I got a refill for £20 and a new one for £40.

My point for posting however is that if you call before and they have them in stock, they will simply swap your canister for another one, so there is no waiting.

They are in an industrial estate, so there is plenty of parking, just try to call before you go there as I went yesterday, even though I didnt get through on the phone and they were closed, however I spoke to the chap today and he says thats very rare and there is normaly always one person in.

Also..... they took my old tank in and it didn't have its horn which was nice of them!

I know someone else said that it takes a week to turn around, however when I told him about the site and the previous comment he showed me the tank that they were brought a month ago and said they are still waiting for the owner to collect it! It wasn't an FE, so they do have to send those away!

Lee

What bottles are you talking about? fire extinguisher type or some other bottles? cheers

leemonk said:
Hey,

I have just got back from this one:

Euro Fire Protection
Location : unit 38 Capital Business Centre, 22 Carlton Road, South Croydon, CR2 OBS
Tel : 02089162010 or freephone 0800 316 7615 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0800 316 7615      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0800 316 7615 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
Services : refill 2kg bottles for £20 though someone got 2 x 2kg cylinders for £10 each in 2009 so they might be open to deals :)
Date Added/Updated : Mar 30, 2010

I got a refill for £20 and a new one for £40.

My point for posting however is that if you call before and they have them in stock, they will simply swap your canister for another one, so there is no waiting.

They are in an industrial estate, so there is plenty of parking, just try to call before you go there as I went yesterday, even though I didnt get through on the phone and they were closed, however I spoke to the chap today and he says thats very rare and there is normaly always one person in.

Also..... they took my old tank in and it didn't have its horn which was nice of them!

I know someone else said that it takes a week to turn around, however when I told him about the site and the previous comment he showed me the tank that they were brought a month ago and said they are still waiting for the owner to collect it! It wasn't an FE, so they do have to send those away!

Lee

Hello All....Just found a local fire safty place in Banbury that says they will refill a 5KG FE for £15 ex VAT

Ive been looking for ages for somwhere and this place is walking distance from my house!!!!!

Ill report after geting a refill!

Went there and they swaped over my 2KG one with a full one for £10 inc VAT ...cant say fairer than that!!! They are on cromwell road in Banbury the lady said not to tell the guy out the back that it was for a fish tank as somone else gets goes there for that and he gets a bit funny....just make sure your FE has a nozzel on it and you will be fine!

Address: Units 1-6 Clifton Road Industrial Estate, Clifton Road, Balsall Heath, Birmingham, B12 8SX, UK
Telephone: 0121-440 4737
Fax: 0121-440 2480
Services : 2Kg refill £2. Recondition ~£20
Date Added/updated : Aug 22, 2007

The name of this company is Barber Bros.
Used them a few days ago, still £20 for a 2kg co2 bottle (not FE), looked in brand new condition.
And still £2 for a refill.

Nice guys, easy to find.

Just been to a place in North Manchester and got my 3kg cylinder refilled for £3! Bargin!

Place is called Brentex Gas Ltd,
1-5 Morton Road, Middleton, M24 6AN.
0161 643 4224
email: info@brentexgas.co.uk

They said they could do me another 3kg cylinder for £20, but they only take cash and didnt have it on me... Return trip I think!!!

Instagas
Hamilton Way (off Nelson Way)
Boston PE21 8TT

Tel: (01205) 368622
Fax: (01205) 351807

Air Liquide supplier. Need to buy an Air Liquide cylinder (£88.25 for 6.35kg), but then refills are £13.50

Bobtastic said:
Just been to a place in North Manchester and got my 3kg cylinder refilled for £3! Bargin!

Place is called Brentex Gas Ltd,
1-5 Morton Road, Middleton, M24 6AN.
0161 643 4224
email: info@brentexgas.co.uk

They said they could do me another 3kg cylinder for £20, but they only take cash and didnt have it on me... Return trip I think!!!

Just to confirm, got my 3KG refilled today for £5 from the above location.

Back