1. You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter or Google account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer. For more information click the following link: Cookie Usage

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy in the North West.

Discussion in 'Where to buy ...' started by Graeme Edwards, 26 Jun 2007.

1. AndyMcD

AndyMcD Member

Swell UK are website only, but you can collect from their warehouse in Hyde (see opening times on their website).

2. Soilwork

Soilwork Member

Pets at Home in Oldham,
    Unit 5 Elk Mill
    Retail Park,
    Broadway Royton,
    Oldham,
    OL2 5HX

Not too bad. Had lots of luck with fish I have purchased from there to the point where I'm questioning whether or not it's luck or whether they are actually well kept! Last batch of cardinals had whitespot though.

Good selection of tropical fish, snails and shrimp but cold water section is not great.

Plant selection is progressively getting better with new species coming all the time. They are normally very healthy too. Spent a lot of money in there on plants and staff are very helpful.

Again Maidenhead at Ashton is my other go to place. Staff friendly and very helpful. Good plant selection and can order in anything you like on their database.

3. radar

radar Newly Registered

Update on the Abyss. There is a new member of staff who knows his plants. As a result they now have a very impressive selection of potted plants (Aquadip and Tropica) and culture pots (Tropica).

Took the 70 mile trip to a certain shop in Wrexham earlier this week; Abyss had the better selection of plants.

4. MarkyP

MarkyP Member

I'm off to The Abyss on sunday for a scout around to see if they have any plants I like the look of, I'll report back sunday evening

5. Imorpher

Imorpher Member

I always find The Abyss to be the best around for most stuff, unless your after a rare pleco/cory then Pier Aquatics is a great visit. Like others have said, they have recently got much better plants. I think last time I was there I got 3 big portions of monte carlo for around £6.

All the staff are great and if you speak to them they can normally attempt to get most things for you, whether it's fish/shrimp/plants. I wish they gave an employee a decently sized tank for a great planted aquascape though, could look stunning alongside their big reef.