• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to buy 4dkh bromo blue in mainland Europe

niru

Hi All

any idea where one can buy 4dkh bromo blue solution in mainland Europe? I am in Switzerland and the lfs here sell only the plastic Dennerle ampules which are pretty much expensive. I was thinking of a small bottle of bromo blue with or without 4dkh water (which I can make at home).

Thanks as always!

-niru

Hi niru,
I would have though that any of the sponsors or online retailers would sell bromo blue although the product itself may not be marketed with that name. Look for clever marketing names such as "Long Term CO2 Indicator Solution". I do see this product sold by Aquaessential which is 4dkh water already mixed with bromo blue. Haven't used it myself but seem like a pretty good idea.=> http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/ae-desi ... -5339.html

Cheers,

Hi Clive

thanks! I currently have the Dennerle stuff which is indeed sold as Long term CO2 indicator, but its in small ampules which are way too expensive. I would like to have a bottle from which a few drops can be taken when doing a WC... till I am damn sure that CO2 is doing good all over then tank. Once I graduate to that level, then there is no need for the test, I presume :)

There's always reason to keep a drop checker in the tank whatever level of plant keeping you at. The only visual signs that the co2 levels are wrong are algae and plant deformities all telling you you already have problems. Prevention is better than the cure in this case, the DC will forewarn you and give you time to rectify before the plants suffer.

I may be wrong, and if so please correct me, but the idea I got was that the bromo blue is the very thing used on the ordinary pH test kits. So you'd just need to buy a pH refill. Did I get it wrong?

cheers,

GM

Hi GM,
Yes this is correct, but I assumed that the OP also was also having difficulty finding 4dkh water, which you also need in the dropchecker. The product in question is a combination of both, which is very convenient. Ordinarily, as you mention, one would only need to find Bromo blue refill if you had easy access to 4dkh or if you could prepare it DIY.

Cheers,

Nutrafin Low PH range test kit has Bromo blue has its only ingredient so that's the one I get. There are others and of course there's always the designed for purpose Sera long term co2 indicator. I think they both come in at roughly the same price but I'm not 100% which indicator solution the Sera uses.

Back