• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where do you buy your plants from?

Has the planted tank stopped trading ? Their website still says "we are closed for christmas"....

I've used plantedtanks.co.uk and was very disappointed in quality and after sales service (pre-sale service was great though. Funny that!)

I'm nearly about to do a rescape and looking to get plants in vitro, can anyone reccomend good resellers for these? 1-2-grow et al

Sentral said:
I've used plantedtanks.co.uk and was very disappointed in quality and after sales service (pre-sale service was great though. Funny that!)

I'm nearly about to do a rescape and looking to get plants in vitro, can anyone reccomend good resellers for these? 1-2-grow et al

In vitro ? what dat ?

I used tgm and they were fantastic didn't have exact stick I asked for so threw me in some freebies

Sentral said:

AE do some in vitro, tennelus etc..
Personally ive used a lot of suppliers from 'asian' cheapo's to TGM and find that AE are the best comprimise. Same quality as TGM but a lot cheaper and service is amazing. Just placed my order today for the new scape and they couldnt be more helpful. They will get my dollar every time.
I have had to order from TGM as well as AE dont have/stock everything i need.

The nearest LFS to me sells Dennerle plants and I personally think though more expensive than Tropica or Aquafluer that they are far better value as they are bigger with more individual plants per pot but again not well cared for in the shop itself. Never tried shopping online for plants so can't comment there

If anybody is local to North Staffordshire/South Cheshire well worth trying Kidsgrove Tropicals. Small, family run business with educated staff who actually know what there talking about. The owner (Phil) is passionate about his plants so always maintains decent stock!

They sell Tropica pots, priced around £3.50 each, or (3 for £9.00. I think?) and stock other exciting imported species. They receieve fresh stock fortnightly, and will sort out specific orders depending on your needs. :thumbup:

Check me out. Sounds like I work for the place? .:lol: Seriously though, I have had loads of plants from them, they are genuine honest guys.

P.S They have just set up a online shop, very basic at the minute but they`ve reasured me it`s being updated with full stock list (Topica Included) very soon!

Quetzalcoatl said:
If anybody is local to North Staffordshire/South Cheshire well worth trying Kidsgrove Tropicals. Small, family run business with educated staff who actually know what there talking about. The owner (Phil) is passionate about his plants so always maintains decent stock!

They sell Tropica pots, priced around £3.50 each, or (3 for £9.00. I think?) and stock other exciting imported species. They receieve fresh stock fortnightly, and will sort out specific orders depending on your needs. :thumbup:

Check me out. Sounds like I work for the place? .:lol: Seriously though, I have had loads of plants from them, they are genuine honest guys.

P.S They have just set up a online shop, very basic at the minute but they`ve reasured me it`s being updated with full stock list (Topica Included) very soon!

I think I've been there myself, are they based just outside the garden centre in wooden cabin type buildings? Think I stopped by in passing and they had a nice plant selection back then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mate. It`s in a converted Terraced house in Kidsgrove, Staffs. This garden center and log cabins, were they near Monkey Forest? Trentham?

George Farmer said:
Crispino Ramos said:
Any good source (preferably a hobbyist with lots of rare plants) in Spain?
There's a shop in Barcelona called, "Iwagumi". Probably the best aquarium shop I've ever visited.

They stock very nice plants, ADA gear, hardscape materials etc. Not sure if they do mail order though.

http://www.iwagumi.es/

Lol, you ain't weaps, you're a trolly dolly in disguise :shh: You sure find some spots George, Im jealous, cant tell much from the website but I bet thats an cracking place to visit.

Nice one, will definitely be visiting it next time I am in Barcelona. Best city I have been so far also. Was lucky to study and live there for 6 months.

George Farmer said:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/georgefarmer/sets/72157627898372018/

Stunning !!! I now know what I will do if I ever win the lottery :)

i use ae and tgm good selection,quality and very good delivery times.

So nobody has mentioned Plants Alive yet... now I'm nervous :?

My plants will arrive tomorrow so I will let everybody know the result...

J

I went into my LFS at the weekend asked for some of the beautiful moss in a tank. The very nice woman pulled out a vast amount and put it in a bag. I thought "This is going to be a bit pricey". Total cost 50p !!! I'm sorry I ordered some online now.
David

Plants arrived from Plants Alive today... well chuffed :thumbup:

Great price (HC potted £2.25, Micranthemum Micranthemoides £2.25 potted too) very nice condition and only £3.95 p&p.

Granted they are not individually packed like that from aqua jardin, but arrived in great condition none the less...

Also you can buy per stem (Ambulia Conferta, 5 for £1.75)

Highly recomend. :clap:

Back