• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

when its time to lengthen photoperiod

plantnoob

at the moment with the tank being freshly planted , im running lights for 6 hours . this will increase to 8 hours . when and how is it best to do this ? should i let the plants grow in then gradually increase it over a few weeks ?

i figured that seeing as my light is quite low , 2x24w t5 over a 125L tank , that i could safely go to 8 hours ? i guess i could rig something with a single low wattage tube either side of the main lights being on .

I don't see any problem with long lighting periods. My lighting on my nano is just under 0.5 watts per litre and I keep them on 12 hours!😱 Try a longer period and if it doesn't work for you then just dial it back. Have a little experiment!

it was always the intention to let it grow in and mature 1st , i just wasnt sure if it should just be bumped straight up to 8 or wether it should be done bit by bit

at the moment ive got my drop checkers just on the yellowish side of green . how does this sound for a plan ? wait until its had its 1st trim and grown back in again , then increase by say 30 mins a week

Back