• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

when its time to lengthen photoperiod

plantnoob

at the moment with the tank being freshly planted , im running lights for 6 hours . this will increase to 8 hours . when and how is it best to do this ? should i let the plants grow in then gradually increase it over a few weeks ?

i figured that seeing as my light is quite low , 2x24w t5 over a 125L tank , that i could safely go to 8 hours ? i guess i could rig something with a single low wattage tube either side of the main lights being on .

I don't see any problem with long lighting periods. My lighting on my nano is just under 0.5 watts per litre and I keep them on 12 hours!😱 Try a longer period and if it doesn't work for you then just dial it back. Have a little experiment!

it was always the intention to let it grow in and mature 1st , i just wasnt sure if it should just be bumped straight up to 8 or wether it should be done bit by bit

at the moment ive got my drop checkers just on the yellowish side of green . how does this sound for a plan ? wait until its had its 1st trim and grown back in again , then increase by say 30 mins a week

Back