• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What's wrong with my Anubias :(

anass.elgad

Seedling
Please can some one help me to figure the problem with my anubias, i feel like they suffers :(

Im a beginnerin aquascaping

Ph : 8
Gh : 9
Kh :7
No2 :0
No3: 0

6a8e28bb904701195a72d6cf3a215595.jpg

6e5a6a3f6059ccc7fbc8748b59fa5796.jpg

2813da9052803f17f960852e8d3cf35c.jpg

We need to know more, like, tank size, tank depth, light power, fertilisers used, any form or carbon, filter flow rate etc.

My anubias used to get BBA, like yours growing on the leaves, when directly under my lights. I have now removed the affected leaves and placed the anubias under the tank bracing bar, thus slightly lower light and they are currently growing fine.

You could try rescuing the leaves by wiping them with liquid carbon (eg Excel), maybe diluted liquid carbon as this will kill BBA. But if too strong or left on too long will kill the leaves :dead:

This happened to me in a shrimp tank I hadn't fed in ages. Looks like green spot algae, normally caused by low phosphates and more than ideal light for the plant. I'd place all of it at the base of the tree trunk in shade, roots in the substrate, rhizome above and dose some macro and micro ferts as suggested for the time being.

We need to know more, like, tank size, tank depth, light power, fertilisers used, any form or carbon, filter flow rate etc.

My anubias used to get BBA, like yours growing on the leaves, when directly under my lights. I have now removed the affected leaves and placed the anubias under the tank bracing bar, thus slightly lower light and they are currently growing fine.

You could try rescuing the leaves by wiping them with liquid carbon (eg Excel), maybe diluted liquid carbon as this will kill BBA. But if too strong or left on too long will kill the leaves :dead:
My tank have 180L
Lighting is not good they come with the tank
2×tube of 20w

Filter extern EHIEM pro3 250
I use Sera Florena in the weekly water change
d94b5df2a21e9ca94abf8f47aa0e82c3.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think your anubias is suffering, just a slight bit of green spot algae. Weekly water changes or slight dosing of micro ferts and excel will surely give it a boost as well as keeping algae in check.

Back