• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what's a lady to do?

mrjackdempsey

Dear Agony Aunt,
What's a lady to do? Dressed up to the nines in the latest fashion,throwing oneself at the great lummox,And he isn't in the slightly bit interested, spending more time with his mates messing around rather than spend quality time with, to be frank, a rather glamorous lady such as myself.I am at the point of despair wondering would my attentions be better spent elsewhere.Please please advise
th_003-9.jpg
You might have to click on the picture to get it to work and please don't look to closely at the plants as the owner is a lazy so and so and needs to prune and tidy up!!!!Men!!! :crazy:

Dear anxious in aquarium,

What can I say? He's a male :rolleyes:

Have a night out with the girls, let your hai....fins down and have fun. He'll soon come running when he realises you are having more fun without him. Good luck!!

8)

Mirf said:
Dear anxious in aquarium,

What can I say? He's a male :rolleyes:

Have a night out with the girls, let your hai....fins down and have fun. He'll soon come running when he realises you are having more fun without him. Good luck!!

8)
Sorry about the late reply but my owner was out yet again instead of looking after our needs, must look out for better 'help' but better late than never.
The problem is not so much himself but the class of people ( sorry, fish) he calls friends,as can be seen in the next video
th_002-9.jpg
Perhaps now you can see what I must put up with

Dearest A in A

What the.................. :wideyed: girlfriend it's worse then I thought. That dude is hanging with the wrong crowd. As my good friend Ricky (Lake) would say "it's time to kick him to the curb!!!"

You deserve better, now get you fins out of there!!! :twisted:

*beautiful fish btw* :D

Thank you for your kind comments, is there anyone else here keeping Salvini Cichlids????

Update; Started playing Barry White on the hi fi and candle light to light the tank to help with the moooood (so to speak :shh: )The Angels Spawned and the convicts did likewise and what did the Salvins do? Stole the Angels eggs despite their heroic efforts to defend them( a bit like a rabbit trying to stop a elephant) and the poor Angels had to be moved into another tank for their own safety and the Convicts' cave overturned and their eggs eaten.And the Salvins still going through the motions( he has a nice mark on his nose from the last lip locking session)Was told the there was no way a plant would survive in this tank two years ago but most are doing ok but never would look anywhere as good as any on this forum as the fish have their own ideas of aquascaping that have nothing to do with the golden rule :oops:
Will have to try at a later date with less troublesome fish

I'm no expert with centrals at all but if you're trying to breed them then they may need a bit more privacy! In the wild they'd have a territory about 10 times their body length with hardly any other fish straying into it or they'd get chased off. This pair has a male dempsey in their territory among other things! Try giving them a space away from the distractions and maybe they will get on with it?

I am not trying to get them to breed but they get ideas of their own and I haven't got any more room to set any more tanks as there's already four tanks in the kitchen, one in the front room and two upstairs and any more and definitely will be making marital disharmony .Am planning a fish shed which I got a number of tanks already for it but don't have a clue when it will be started (or finished more importantly) but some day!!!!!!!!!!

mrjackdempsey said:
I am not trying to get them to breed but they get ideas of their own and I haven't got any more room to set any more tanks as there's already four tanks in the kitchen, one in the front room and two upstairs and any more and definitely will be making marital disharmony .Am planning a fish shed which I got a number of tanks already for it but don't have a clue when it will be started (or finished more importantly) but some day!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I thought you were asking for help on how to get them to breed! Got the wrong end of the stick there!

Ed Seeley said:
mrjackdempsey said:

Sorry, I thought you were asking for help on how to get them to breed! Got the wrong end of the stick there!
My fault, it was meant tongue in cheek as the female is the most colourful fish in the tank yet the male isn't that interested, spends his time with the J.D. ignoring the poor lass,yet every now and then sparks seem to fly and they go through the motions but don't seem to follow it to the end which is probably just as well as they get extremely aggressive at this time.

Back