• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What red plant will attach and grow on wood

Plants now arranged
5267106980a1729faa0ff8a17a0e354b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the red definitely improves the tank, it adds a layer of complexity of colour and texture to otherwise fairly uniform (but very healthy!) planting. Your tank just keeps getting better!

It will be interesting to see how well they root into the wood.

I think the red definitely improves the tank, it adds a layer of complexity of colour and texture to otherwise fairly uniform (but very healthy!) planting. Your tank just keeps getting better!

It will be interesting to see how well they root into the wood.
Thank you for the kind comments:)
I have just left them wired onto the wood in there pots for now to see if that might give them a better chance .. If they all live I will split and try them directly onto the wood .. Unless anyone knows that this will not work for sure?

I have just left them wired onto the wood in there pots for now
Good - I was going to suggest trying one of the AR down lower in front of the DW on the right - just complete the diagonal line into the midst of the Java/Anubias (I think) - not sure if I'd like it once it was actually there but curious ...
note the AR is quite a large leaf (in contrast to the L sp - my lfs has some of this in a shrimp tank that is the most stunning red)

I could give that a go tomorrow just to see how it looks.. Thanks for that :)

That's grown quickly! Have you changed the lighting or adjusted settings on you camera because the colour rendition is less yellow now, making the scape look more sophisticated and professional. What lighting do you use and which tubes (if T5)

That's grown quickly! Have you changed the lighting or adjusted settings on you camera because the colour rendition is less yellow now, making the scape look more sophisticated and professional. What lighting do you use and which tubes (if T5)
That's the real look of it taken with a Nikon camera instead of my phone:)
They are 9500k daylight tubes 2x54watt :)
Ps that is an unedited picture:)

Reviving this thread because I'm looking for a red plant for my bonsai driftwood to create a tree effect. High light, ferts, but no CO2.. what is recommended. I really like the look of Alternanthera but will it grow attached to wood? If not, what is a vibrant red plant in these conditions?

Im not sure about how it does without co2

Ludwigia super mini red is your key Red tree plant.

Lots of people saying this. But I was in my LFS yesterday and it looked very bland next to the vivid Alternanthera. The tank did have CO2 but the lights were quite high (80cm), would you expect more colour in the Ludwigia if it were 15cm from the light but without CO2 (and without become an algae net!).

Lots of people saying this. But I was in my LFS yesterday and it looked very bland next to the vivid Alternanthera. The tank did have CO2 but the lights were quite high (80cm), would you expect more colour in the Ludwigia if it were 15cm from the light but without CO2 (and without become an algae net!).
The plant in your LFS was likely just dropped into water recently. The intense red colours of Ludwigia's will develop on plants growing submerged.

Back