• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What Ludwigia is this?

Rob P

Can you help me get a positive ID?

I took this pic in moonlight mode which doesn't help, sorry! The pot was bought as Ludwigia glandulosa by Aquafleur but it doesn't appear to be (incidentally i also bought of Ludwigia perennis by Aquafleur that looks more like glandulosa - more pointy than rounded leaves although it's only just starting to show some red coloration).

What's surprising me is the leaf size! Many of the leaves as the plant reaches for the lights must be over 2 inches long! It's more red on the underside than the top

Ludwigia_zpsdc5c18aa.jpg

Attachments

• Ludwigia_zpsdc5c18aa.jpg
    Ludwigia_zpsdc5c18aa.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 82
Not easy to see could be a repens of some sort.I have some in my tank,when low and close to the substrate is green as it grows(and grows quick)changes to an olive green then reddish colour.Really red on the underside of the leaves.Cheers Mark

It's allmost cerainly some sort of L. repens. There are several cultivars and crosses of this species.
Looks and behavior fits very perfect, as you descripe it
Mick.

Back