• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What has UKAPS done for you?

Given me somewhere I can come and hang out it feels like and stopped the huffing and puffing from the Mrs as I don't go on and on at her about my tanks anymore :) I think she enjoys them a lot more now.

Also what fish fodder said ;)

Thought I'd revive this old thread. Ten years on, it'd be interesting to discover if folk still find the forum as useful as they once did, or perhaps even more useful. Or if it's a good place to just hang out, for instance.

I first joined UKAPS when it formed (if I remember correctly it started from a subsection in the TFF forum) but during my fishkeeping hiatus I lost my old login details (I think I used to be MissCaretaker) so started a new profile. Simply because UKAPS is as valuable to me now as it was when I first joined. I haven't found a single place more useful and welcoming than here.

UKAPS has connected me to other hobbyist. I don’t know of anyone on a personal level that keeps fish or aquariums. So it’s been a pleasure to interact on here.
This too :) I don't know anyone personally who even keeps fish, never mind planted tanks.

Hi all,
Thought I'd revive this old thread. Be interesting to discover if folk still find the forum as useful as they once did, or perhaps even more useful. Or if it's a good place to just hang out, for instance.
A form of therapy for me, and shelter from the storm at times.

Cheers Darrel

UKAPS has given me my 'go to' convivial place for trying to understand the hobby of course! It also helps me understand myself, whether I'm a 'reductionist' trying to reconstruct an aquatic universe from the basic elements, or a low-fi aquatic 'gardener' marvelling with patience at the simple and often inexplicable wonder of it all.

Last edited:
Back