• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Waterlife Sea Green - does it have a purpose for trop fresh

peaches

I have a six pack of these given to me by another aquarist, all new, sealed etc. Is there a use for them in a freshwater aquarium or will they encourage nuisance algae?

Re: Waterlife Sea Green - does it have a purpose for trop fr

Just reading about it, think its the opposite of what you desire. You need nitrates in Fresh water for plant growth.

Won't work. Sure someone with more know how will explain in flys fart detail.

I dream of a world where there are neither nuisance products, nor nuisance aquarists giving away nuisance products.

On the other hand it does have Iron, which is a good thing. Since we don't know whether the claim about eliminating NO3 is true or just marketing hype, it is difficult to assess. An ingredient list would be the only way to know for sure. I searched all over for an MSDS and couldn't find one.

Cheers,

I am not using it in a tank with fish, but I am trying it on some plants in a quarantine tank. Why aren't they made to put ingredients on?

Usually it's because the ingredients are something you can buy at the garden center or at supermarket for 10X less, but of course they don't want you to know that. I mean, if you just wanted Iron you could buy Iron Sulphate, or any cheap trace element mix containing chelated Iron. The advertisement looks like they would have you believe their special Iron can only be gotten from some exotic location, like Venus.

Cheers,

Back