• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Waterbox Cube 10 complete beginner

Must say I missing gthe simplicity of my hight tech fresh water, once up and matured it ran it self 😅, getting bit bored of the marine at the moment, maybe it's because it is a nano so can't stock much etc and slow growers. Also have to go buy the water etc.

Will see how feel soon to see if to keep going or maybe go back to freshwater.

Dean

Must say I missing gthe simplicity of my hight tech fresh water, once up and matured it ran it self 😅, getting bit bored of the marine at the moment, maybe it's because it is a nano so can't stock much etc and slow growers. Also have to go buy the water etc.

Will see how feel soon to see if to keep going or maybe go back to freshwater.

Dean
Don’t give up yet mate. Reef tanks also settle into themselves and can be easier to run than a freshwater setup.
More coral is what you need.
Or
A bigger reef tank hahah

Think I have decided to close this tank down 😬, missing the vibrant greens and reds and not a huge fan of the blue light after living with it. Also not a fan of the testing and also going to buy the water and using barrels etc, I miss using the pump and didn't think I would miss the fresh water side but I am, missing the shrimp and snails and plants and fish and the scape aspect so basically all of it so i am going to go back to the fresh water side 😅.

If anyone near let me know if want all the corals for good price and 2 clowns. Then I will break down and try to sell.

Thanks for all help and advice so far, always wanted to try marine and corals I have but decided not right for Me.

Looking forward to seeing what tank to get for future.
Thanks dean

Gutted to hear this mate, but I totally get it. I had the exact same feelings but in reverse.
Once I done a reef tank, going back to a planted tank just didn’t interest me and so here I am again.
If I were closer I’d buy your livestock.
I’m looking forward to seeing you set up a new tank that actually gives you pleasure.
All the best mate.

Gutted to hear this mate, but I totally get it. I had the exact same feelings but in reverse.
Once I done a reef tank, going back to a planted tank just didn’t interest me and so here I am again.
If I were closer I’d buy your livestock.
I’m looking forward to seeing you set up a new tank that actually gives you pleasure.
All the best mate.
Maybe again in future who knows my interest changes often 😅, missing the easier fresh side that I am familiar with and honestly don't have time for testing etc with the 2 kids. Really missing a larger tank aswel.

Thanks so much to you for all your help and advice. Couldn't have done it without you.

Getting over the initial hurdle with a reef tank is always the hardest part.
Getting that first year out the way helps.
I hope you manage to sell up ok mate, corals always sell. The clowns can become store credit at you’re local LFS and the tank may make a nice shrimp only system.

Back