• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water in my CO2 bubble counter keeps on decreasing

niru

Hello

how many of you have had this problem? Each time I fill my bubble counter 2/3 rd with water, and it keeps on decreasing slowly. I have good valves on EACh side of the counter to ensure that there is no water leak, and havent had issues there.

My guess is that water "evaporates" gradually there and passes on as vapour through-to the diffuser. But am wondering since the CO2 coming out of the bottle is cold per say, so it shouldnt trigger this. Moreover in winter now the room temp isnt hot enough to cause significant evaporation etc.. and the chamber is well sealed.

Hope its not a problem, but it keeps me intrigued...

-niru

Hi niru

I have same thing around once every few month have to strip bubble counter off and refill it. i think that some evaporation takes place in the bubble counter when co2 is switched on the check valves will be open allowing any gases to escape the bubble check when water evaporates it will allow this to pass throw check valve lowering water level in the bubble counter

Back