• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water changes with used Ada soil

Did the As dry out ? If so it will need to recycle OFC and WC will be needed for that OFC If not then the Ammonia levels should be much lower than new stuff, but because of the disturbance it will need to recycle but be much quicker if it hasn't dried out as the bacteria should be ready to kick start. However the ionic exchange of the AS will have some Ammonia in it as that's what AS does. Well that's my opinion, Be interesting to see what others say.
Should be less, but how much? time to dust your test kit off ;)

Did the As dry out ? If so it will need to recycle OFC and WC will be needed for that OFC If not then the Ammonia levels should be much lower than new stuff, but because of the disturbance it will need to recycle but be much quicker if it hasn't dried out as the bacteria should be ready to kick start. However the ionic exchange of the AS will have some Ammonia in it as that's what AS does. Well that's my opinion, Be interesting to see what others say.
Should be less, but how much? time to dust your test kit off ;)

Thanks for your reply.

It didn't dry out but the top layer especially in the back doesn't stand in water it is just moist because of the height.

I am also dry starting now so the cycle Should be really quick I guess. (Filter BB is staying alive on a temporary tank to keep the fish and shrimps.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Back