• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Water Change Problem

rustedzeke

Seedling
I am about to start my first planted aquarium in a 100 litre tank. I have experience in maintaining tropical aquaria but I focussed on the fish rather than plants.
I have selected some point next week to start up the aquarium, but I recently had a thought; how do I get the water into the aquarium?
Previously I filled up a 10 or 20 litre bucket and just poured it in, which whooshed up everything inside the aquarium and caused chaos, but everything settled down in the end and it was fine.
Now that I am doing a planted aquarium, there is fertilizer that needs to stay as a bottom layer, and I have been recommended to fill the aquarium up to a few centimeters for easy planting, and then afterwards to fill it up completely.

The problem is, how do I get 100 litres of water in the aquarium without having to pour huge volumes of water in with a bucket? (Besides getting a small cup and painstakingly getting the water into the aquarium, which would take hours.)

Many thanks for any help.

Back