• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vision 260 high-lite tubes

cheekycharly

My Vision 260 came with one Juwel Day and one Juwel Nature and I find the Juwel Nature very Yellow. What tubes have you guys got in your vision 260?

I have a vision 450l and I run 1 x Juwel day tube and 1 x Juwel colour tube. The colour tube has a warm pinky colour to it which is probably not to everyone's taste. I like the colour tube as it brings the colours out in my Congo tetras.

You can change the tubes to any colour you want. The plants won't mind its down to your preference.

Andy

i run two daylight and one nature. But i prefer all daylight- it just looks brighter. Iquatics sell a range of juwel compatible tubes.

I too found the juwel nature tubes very yellow on my tank. I now run one day tube along with an Arcadia j5 plant pro tube. I did have 2 plant pro tubes but they are too pink on their own.

I see a lot of places still do these at buy one get one free and I'd be wanting to mix and match I.e. one new Day tube and one colour. Does anyone know anywhere that lets you mix and match the BOGOF offer?

cheekycharly said:
I see a lot of places still do these at buy one get one free and I'd be wanting to mix and match I.e. one new Day tube and one colour. Does anyone know anywhere that lets you mix and match the BOGOF offer?

I bought one day and one colour and got them in the BOGOF deal at my LFS. The deal on the tubes didn't state they had to be the same type of tube.

Andy

Hey all I'm just in the process of getting new bulbs for my new tank, Vision 260. Has any got their opinions on iquatics tubes and their quality or shall I just stick with the Jewel bulb.

Was thinking just mainly two white ones just give it a nice bright vibe.

thanks

Cheers for getting back to me, I manage to find a website (Aquacare) with the buy one get one free deal with all the tubes at £24.99 so not to bad compared to alot of other places. ta

RobS said:
Hey all I'm just in the process of getting new bulbs for my new tank, Vision 260. Has any got their opinions on iquatics tubes and their quality or shall I just stick with the Jewel bulb.

Was thinking just mainly two white ones just give it a nice bright vibe.

thanks

Iquatics are very good quality mate as are all there products :thumbup:

I was having a chat with my friend last night about the lighting in my tank being at 2x 54 bulbs. (Adding reflectors too)

Is this the correct formula regarding wattage per-gallon.... 2 x 54 / 57 = 1.8. Low-Med ?

Which concern me because I think that would really be high enough? I was hoping to grow some idea of moss/hairgrass at the bed of my tank and on the logs.

the other suggestion made was possible to get a T8 ballst and add a further two bulbs. But as I'm on a slight budget I wonder if you had good enough results with just the two bulbs. Thanks

Hey RobS thought I'd show you how my plants are doing in my 260 vision with one Day and at the rear one Colour T5 high-lite tube.

5c12b06b-d999-6999.jpg

This was three weeks ago and since then my tiger lotus is 3/4 the way up my hair grass has grown slightly and I've planted more grass on the left.

Hey Charly,

I appreciate you taking the time to put up a image for me. Looks like the tank is doing well. I can stop worrying about that :)

Thanks again.

Hi RobS,

I also run 2 x T5 highlight on a Vision 450. One is the day tube and the other is the colour tube. It took me a while to get used to the slightly pink colour rendition from the colour tube but it makes my Congo's look great. I am low tech with less demanding plants but that's the way I like it.

Here is a quick pic

100_0885.jpg

Andy

Back