• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Vertical Garden Projects

Love that last one! slice of nature for sure! :) great work as always

Thanks for following along!

Sorry to go off topic, but i am liking your gothic horror vibe we see peeks of. And chance of some more of that.

I would like to develop more of that to reinforce the old-time natural history idea.

I also have a more specific plan for a retro sci-fi aesthetic with a series of astrobiology-themed setups. So far I just have the Mars biotope terrarium and the unfinished thing in polycarbonate cylinders, but there are several more concepts in mind.

26-XII-22-Terrarium-II.jpg

10-VIII-23-Methanogenesis-I.jpg

Quick cell phone pics update for the Edaphotron...

I didn't see them much through the winter, but now that the room is warmer the soil fauna is active again. The organic matter is refreshed with some new things. I thought they would go for the Turkey feathers first, but the Roaches, Isopods and Collembola all went for the Maple keys instead.

The room is apparently a bit cooler than the exterior wall where this is hung, so there is foggy condensation on the the front polycarb panel.

20-V-24-Edaphotron-I.jpg

20-V-24-Edaphotron-II.jpg

20-V-24-Edaphotron-III.jpg

Sounds like your Edaphotron is buzzing with life again! It's fascinating how the soil fauna has sprung back to action with the warmer temperatures, especially the roaches, isopods, and collembola showing interest in the maple keys over turkey feathers. The foggy condensation on the polycarb panel adds to the ambiance, highlighting the microclimate differences within your setup. Have you considered incorporating artificial vertical walls to further enhance this unique environment? Keep us updated with more snapshots of this intriguing ecosystem!

Back