• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Useful household 'bits & bobs' for fishkeeping

Tea strainer - I use it for feeding live food but handy now and then for other things (duck weed removal).

sky-blue-plastic-tea-strainer-459.jpg

Not really 'household' but I actually use a ball of filter wool to clean algae from glass.

Anyone who wants to do a bot of emersed planting B&M have plenty of adaptable plastic caddies ranging from £1 to 2 ,Bathroom suction tumbler,soap dish,deep plastic suction caddys,also fridge storage trays ,like your fridge door ones,these look ideal either side of the aquarium glass

Home Bargains have shallow fridge storage trays,deep fridge storage trays ,egg plastic tray(with lid) possibilities there)all in strong clear plastic ideal for plant maintenance ,house plants in vivariums etc,emersed growing. Thanks to my daughter and wife telling me,think it’s a couple of years of wondering why I am always looking at bathroom, kitchen caddy’s in stores

Back